Unpaved Engineering - Dual Sport Parts

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RamMan4x4, Aug 16, 2020.

1. RamMan4x4

RamMan4x4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Made a new die last night and I'm much happier with the fit for the E-start stator side . More material is on the way to make the die for the kicker side. The clutch side die is a bit more complicated, but I should have something for that in the next couple weeks.

EStart_Pic1_Resize.jpg

EStart_Pic2_Resized.jpg
  2. RamMan4x4

Oddometer:
    I haven't posted in a while, but I have several updates.

I've made some progress on the DR350 clutch side armor. It still needs some changes, but I'm getting closer. Availability is still TBD right now.

20210127_215533.jpg
    AaronK and hellotimmutton like this.
  3. RamMan4x4

Oddometer:
    I started making parts for some of my other bikes...so I guess I should change my thread title from specifying DR 350 Parts...

Minimalist TW200 rack. The rack is made of 3/16in 6061 aluminum and it bolts to the stock 3 nut inserts on the rear fender, replacing the rubber pad. It will come with aluminum standoff spacers and flat SS mounting bolts.

Because of the mounting location, it's only designed for 7 lbs (factory fender/subframe limitation...not the rack). There are several sturdy/HD racks already available for the TW (cycleracks, etc), but I wanted to make this one for tools/tubes or other light weight items.

Price is $84 shipped in the US (contact me for international shipping)

TW200_Rack_Top_RS.jpg
  4. hellotimmutton

hellotimmutton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im not familiar with the TW200, is the weight restriction due to lack of subframe? if so, is it possible to reinforce or add a basic subframe to allow more weight? or would that go against the goals of this rack?
  5. RamMan4x4

Oddometer:
    Next up is a Buell XB light mount. The mount is made from laser cut 3/16in thick Stainless Steel. The part will come with SS mounting bolts and will work with or without the Ulysses upper fender.

Price is $50 shipped in the conti-US. Contact me for a quote outside the US.

ALM_Fender_wLight_RS.jpg

ALM_NoFender_wLight_RS.jpg
    hellotimmutton likes this.
  6. RamMan4x4

Oddometer:
    The subframe is definitely lighter than the other bikes I have. Most of the HD/sturdy TW racks I have seen mount to the passenger pegs and to the frame under the seat. My rack mounts to the plastic fender between the main frame and subframe using the stock nut inserts in the fender. I could def beef it up and make it stronger, but the other racks on the market already serve that purpose. I just wanted a place to put my tire tubes and tools when I ride...or a drink/snack.
  7. xrscooterman

xrscooterman Smoke & Mirrors

Oddometer:
    If you every would like to make a case saver for an XR650L, I have one available near you.
    RamMan4x4 likes this.
  8. RamMan4x4

Oddometer:
    Sending you a PM.
  9. RamMan4x4

Oddometer:
    New Product...Universal Fork Mount Tie Downs w/ Optional Auxiliary Light Mount

https://unpavedengineering.com/shop/motorcycles/mounts/fork-mount-tie-downs-w-aux-light-mount/

These parts will fit any motorcycle that uses two M8 bolts on the lower triple tree spaced 18-21mm apart. There are 3 types (tie down only, tie down w/ 2in light mount and tie down w/ 3in light mount), but you can buy them mixed if for example like my DR you have a brake line guide on the left side of the forks making it difficult to mount a light. I've been running a single aux light on my DR650 like this for years and it really makes a difference at night.

There are some additional caveats such as required clearance at full steering lock. The TW and I suspect most bikes have plenty of room with a stock tank. My DR350 with an Acerbis tank only has room for tie downs. The required clearance information is on my website, so if you are unsure just measure your bike.

The price is $24 shipped in the US (contact me for international shipping).

TW200 with 2in light mount option:
    TW200_2in_wLights.jpg

DR350 with tie down only option:
    DR350_TieDowns.jpg
    AaronK and woh15 like this.
  10. AaronK

AaronK Grumpy Grumperson

Oddometer:
    Looks good. I will add it to the order when the DR350 case armor is ready!