Upcoming Rides in WEST

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by MaddBrit, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Sportrider

Sportrider n00b

Oddometer:
    Thant would be awesome thanks. Can't wait be get back out there.
  2. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am riding from Temecula to Virgin, Utah either Friday afternoon around 3:00 PM or Saturday morning around 4:00 AM. Riding home Sunday afternoon. Quick, hot trip, up the boring I15 to work on my house. Just looking to see if anyone wants to ride out. Free camping at my ranch in the middle of nowhere. Go explore Zion and the surrounding areas while I work and ride home on Sunday.
    It's about 425 Miles, roughly 7 hours, gas in Barstow and Vegas.
    nvklr likes this.
  3. Scooter_Junkie_Girl

Scooter_Junkie_Girl Get some. Get a lot. Get it all.

Oddometer:
  4. Shodan2

Shodan2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok so last weekend turned out a trip up to San Jose in a car via the boring rt5 and ride back down to L.A. along rt 101 with a half-hearted camping attempt near a "day use only" campground west of Gilroy. Sure enough a park ranger told us to leave even though we weren't technically in a campground, but still on county park territory over which he apparently has jurisdication. Stealth camping was not really an option given we had a car.

But, now that I've got my other bike as well (an '09 Yamaha FZ6S Fazer) - I'm down to put it to some good use next weekend!

Either Lake Isabella (as posted before); or TV Tower Road in Los Padres N.F.

@Scooter_Junkie_Girl - nice trip as well! This route's a more than a bit out of the way for us on coastal SoCal tho :-( Keep your chin up and rubber down!
  5. petelatteier

petelatteier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rally_West, Andrew and Shodan2 like this.
  6. Ryanbsimmcon

Ryanbsimmcon n00b

Oddometer:
    Holy cow, thanks for sharing that Sherman pass route. Been searching google earth for a way to connect from Sequioas to 395. How was the trip? I was up there last weekend as well exploring around by myself. Found Portugese meadow, pretty neat spot. Alot of closures still in place.
  7. Ryanbsimmcon

Ryanbsimmcon n00b

Oddometer:
    Oh, nevermind, I looked closer. Sherman pass is the back way fro Kern River to Kennedy meadows. Got it! I wish there was a way to connect from Bishop and go west through the sierra nevadas
  8. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When it opens look up 9 Mile Canyon Road to Sherman Pass to
    Mountain Highway 99 to
    M-50 to
    M-56
  9. Ryanbsimmcon

Ryanbsimmcon n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I looked it up. I have done that route from the top, from Springville to Kern. Awesome canyons!
    Chillis likes this.
  10. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where are you coming from on the ride?
  11. Ryanbsimmcon

Ryanbsimmcon n00b

Oddometer:
    Started in santa clarita, then fresno, then up to Huntington Lake, then three rivers, then Springdale up and through those canyons exploring some fire roads, and into kern, then home. Nice weekend adventure
    Chillis and Andrew like this.