Upcoming Trials Events

Discussion in 'Trials' started by AnnieGS, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ZippyGasGas

ZippyGasGas Long timer

Oddometer:
    MOTA (Michigan Ontario Trials Association) season is scheduled to start May 17th - I am not so sure now
  2. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    No insurance company or the AMA /land owner is going to chance an event. Uncharted territory with a Pandemic.
  3. 10K

10K Trail Runner

Oddometer:
    Fixt
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just because the Institute of Virology had been playing with the Horseshoe Bat since 2005 does not make it a true theory. :hmmmmm
    FrankenWompus likes this.
  5. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you saying that then clubs who have insurance with AMA will not be able to hold events?
  6. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I said during a lock down and while there is an issue with events with large numbers we could seem to be on the wrong side of the bridge when it failed. Hopefully the AMA can get this done in a timely manner. I would bet money this is why all events have canceled and nothing positive has been seen since. Just a bunch of blow hards talking, just like us.
  7. Harry Potter

Harry Potter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ryan Young Trials Class:

Jimmy Lewis says, “The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider.” Serious dirt bike schools are perhaps the best investment a dirt bike rider can make. Regretfully 99% of dirt riders don’t get that. Jimmy has waiting lists for his classes. Every Steve Hatch class should be booked up for months but are not. We can only hope that sponsors will jump in to keep the best teacher of them all, Ryan Young, going. Greatly one has jumped in to help us Trials riders and Enduro Cross Trainers out.

Here are the details for the October 10-11th RY Trials class. It will be held at Poplarville, Mississippi on a private estate. The contact person is Leilani at Shroomdom38@outlook.com I attended a class there last October and the location for training was great and has been even further enhanced since then. Not only a chance to become a better rider but to eat some great Cajun food.
    goinsriding, jonnyc21 and Huzband like this.
  8. MT 007

MT 007 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking to start our season June 14th - most likely we will have events in both NS and NB on the 14th as the border is still closed between the 2 Provinces but it is a start :-).
  9. LemmeTry

LemmeTry Over-thinker...

Oddometer:
    goinsriding and jonnyc21 like this.
  10. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    If ya'll can't make it to Whiskey Gulch (which I've heard is awesome from the likes of @mung ), we're having a meet in Silt, Co this weekend. I was helping setup this weekend and it's gonna be great. We cleared 5 brand new sections and rejiggered 5 old ones for Sunday. The crew is headed out again this week to work on Saturday's loop and drop tape.

1114.jpg
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  11. Yokomo

Yokomo Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    June2020.jpg
    Huzband likes this.
  12. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wanted to also post a Fun Trial we're hosting at Owyhee Motorcycle Club in Boise. We have a park built for trials there & are trying to grow the sport in Idaho with the hopes of having larger events on public/private lands. At this event we're only running 3 classes given it's a smaller area. Dunlop tire & our local moto shop Carl's Cycle are sponsoring so there will be tires & other items to be won on top of class medals.

Slide1.jpg
    rokhopr, Buschog, jonnyc21 and 2 others like this.
  13. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    No plans for the July 4th?! Come ride with us!!

This event is put by the Wyoming Motorcycle Trials Association with assistance from the Mountain States Trials Association. Each club will be set one day. I rode this meet last year and found the terrain had a great mix of rocks (all sizes, including ledges and large rock faces), dirt, and trees. Not the usual arid areas we ride in Colorado/Wyoming.

Medicine Bow 2020.jpg
  14. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wish we could start that early ours are 11 am
    y4m4 likes this.
  15. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    I like the early starts, especially on Sunday! As much as I love riding meets, I also love getting home in time to unload and get to bed before 11pm.:dllama:
    DyrWolf likes this.
  16. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like to get home before 11 pm Monday night.
    wheelieman14 and DyrWolf like this.