1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Upper Michigan ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Yooper_Bob, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
  2. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went down to Door county today with wife and road all day with friends.It was a brutal day.I went up a 15 foot granite face and caught a out cropping with right peg.Tore left gork gaurd off fork,ripped open left dust seal,broke helmet, ripped open my radiator and killed cooling fan.My good friend had a loaner bike for me to finish day off anyway. Screenshot_2020-04-18-21-59-49.png Screenshot_2020-04-18-22-39-26.png
    WIsixfitty likes this.
  3. U.P. Gordie

U.P. Gordie n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone,
    I’m interested if anyone wants to start a weekly or bi weekly ride around Marquette area. I’m a newbie so you’ll have to have some patience with me while I learn.
  4. Yooper_Bob

Oddometer:
    I'm in!

Now if it would just warm up!!!! :vardy
  5. Matthew-Small

Matthew-Small n00b

Oddometer:
    Greetings! my name is Matt and I just got stationed in Cheboygan on the mighty Mackinaw. My pops loves riding and has telling me about it for years, now I would love to start riding to give us a opportunity to spend time and together and explore around Michigan on. Been hunting around for a couple moths for a WR250R. I would greatly appreciate any wisdom on first time bike buying or any leads on a WR250R . It would really help me out. thanks for your time and I look forward to chatting/riding in the future!
    Mumbles24 likes this.
  6. Bullitt Bike

Bullitt Bike Adventure Touring Fan

Oddometer:
    Hi Matt, I am off the Wolverine exit of I75, I ride an Africa Twin. If you are experienced then the WR is probably fine, but if you are new to this I would suggest Honda's CRF250L. This one is lower and easier to handle, in my opinion. Stay in touch!
    Thomas
  7. DaveJ_U.P.Rider

DaveJ_U.P.Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I saw some people may be interested in a group ride around the Marquette area. Please keep me posted if anything gets put together as I'd be interested.
  8. Chuck-D

Chuck-D n00b

Oddometer:
    I too am in Marquette and would be down for a group ride! If you're on IG my name is Chuck_d so either post up here or DM me there if you guys wanna ride. Cheers!
  9. Yooper_Bob

Oddometer:
    So..... for all of the folks in the Marquette area, we have been meeting up and riding on Tuesday evenings. These rides are moderate paced, medium difficulty, and definitely "join at your own risk".

You can private message me for contact details. Please note that these are not any sort of officially sanctioned rides.

It would be nice to also maybe have a few longer day rides on the weekend....or during the week for those with flexible schedules. If anyone wants to put something together, don't hesitate to post something here.