Upper Michigan ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Yooper_Bob, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rode Porterfield lake today and trails were fun but slippery.Friend came up from Wisconsin to ride with us and snapped a chain and we had to do a rescue mission.The sandstormers had there annual Enduro today and cycle city is there all weekend offering test rides on various Beta,s if anyone wants to try one out. Screenshot_20211002-162829.png IMG_20211002_145934797.jpg
    Yooper_Bob likes this.
  2. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    @Junglejeff1 I was less than 5 miles from where you were today! :lol3

In fact, I may have crossed the singletrack you were on. I'd need to check my bread crumb trail.

All I saw were bird hunters and a couple of quads.
  3. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a lot of various stuff to ride in that area.I seen some sxs,s in the area when we took the road back to grab my pick up for rescue mission.You should go over to sands tomorrow and try out the beta 500 as that would be a bad ass bike for duel sport up here.Nice thing about the beta,s are they are still under the epa production limit so not all corked up like the ktms and rip off the floor.
  4. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I will do some bird hunting over there also.Be a awesome place for deer hunting as they were all over on the singletrack.I seen a lot of bucks over there the last couple weeks.The trails have deer everywhere.It is not a highly advertised area which is nice.We rarely see anyone riding that awesome trail and in the middle of nowhere so people miss out on it.I wanted to ride sands today but my friend from Wisconsin is just getting into singletrack from trials riding and did not want to kill him riding the mountain in the sands.It would have been a nightmare getting him out of there with a broken chain.We lucked out and his chain broke near the chain of lakes road so it was a short push through the woods to get his bike out.Another 1000 feet and we dropped into a gully and it would have been brutal.
  5. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    While not a true enduro, many were converted back in their day. I’m getting this old girl running and will be on the back roads and graded gravel just putting along and exploring the area. She’s a 1949 Indian Arrow 250cc single
    26EB7265-5C0A-4ABD-9C9F-F7D07F98E697.jpeg
  6. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    If anyone is really bored, and has absolutely nothing else to do....here is a short video I put together on our cross country Continental Divide Ride a group of us did in August:

7. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Great stuff! :thumb
    Yooper_Bob likes this.