Upstate NY Dual Sport Ride

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by debaisley, Jun 4, 2016.

1. debaisley

debaisley Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are my tracks from a roughly 70 miles dirt ride around the Richmondville/Cobleskill area. Mostly single lane dirt, a few very brief pavement sections. Nice scenic area and there is a lot more out there than just what I did here. Great way to spend a morning. Video will give you an idea of what type of riding this is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. RB450

RB450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    looks like a blast. All legal roads??
  3. CannonsvilleRider

CannonsvilleRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the story on Looking Glass Road? I thought there was a "Private Road" sign at the other end. Anyone know if it really is private?
  4. CannonsvilleRider

Oddometer:
    Was the creek crossing Line Creek on West Middleburgh Road? You did that on a 600 lb bike! You are braver than I am!!
  5. debaisley

debaisley Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep , that was the one.

I got stuck the 1st attempt , its a pretty steep climb out and I am on stock tires , didnt have enough speed. I was able to back it up and get a good little burst of speed.
  6. debaisley

debaisley Long timer

Oddometer:
    All legal roads. There are a lot of trails out in them forests that a smaller bike with knobs could be doing. Those might not exactly be legal because nothing is in NY, but I have been riding out in those parts for years, you will never see another person out there , except maybe during hunting season, I dont go out there during that time.

Looking glass road is all good. I stopped right at the beginning to get a drink and there was a guy there at the house, he just asked me if everything was ok and wanted to warn me that the road gets a little technical.
  7. CannonsvilleRider

Oddometer:
    Outstanding, that's a nice find.
  8. RipShitzUp

RipShitzUp n00b

Oddometer:
    I just joined to find cool stuff in my area and this vid is the first I found with an "upstate NY" search...now the only issue is I can't wait till Spring!!!
    wingtraveler and debaisley like this.
  9. washout800

washout800 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me, me, me, take me. I live in Glenville, I want to go!!!!!
    tk1250gsa likes this.
  10. mgb71

mgb71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. washout800

washout800 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice job, thank you for all the work.
    96sled likes this.
  12. Bartimus

Bartimus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's a great route you have set up! Thanks for taking the time to research and that route and post it up for us.
    I went to HS in Queensbury, lived in Glens Falls awhile, and still have family in Hudson Falls. Small world!
  13. mgb71

mgb71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had been mapping out the roads for a few years and then saw how I could link it all up into a route and figured I'd put all of the info together so others could enjoy it. The biggest amount of effort went into finding dirt roads that didn't end up on private property; I don't know how many dead-end roads I explored in the process.

I hope to read some trip reports and see some photos of people riding it.
    rainmaker8 likes this.
  14. twindad75

twindad75 n00b

Oddometer:
    Great route and map. I have had the same problem route planning in the Adirondacks. So many private and gated roads make it onto maps, I never know until I'm there. I'll definitely be riding parts of this loop in the coming season and will report back here. Thanks!