1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Ural: 2019 Updates

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Tall Man, Nov 3, 2018.

1. carlaking

carlaking MissAdventuring

Oddometer:
    Dude, no cutting into my collection... haha. Hey but the KTM is a departure, yeah?
  2. carlaking

carlaking MissAdventuring

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much! I've been posting stories from China - which may eventually get into book form if I can just get off my butt and do it - on Wattpad here. Would love your feedback on it. They allow line-by-line commenting and also chapter commenting below each post. It's a great platform for publishing stories, hint hint. I know there are some floating around this forum. ;-)

3. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:
    Saw your post in the sub 400lb thread. I like what you've done with it, and your life.
    carlaking likes this.
  4. msblu79

msblu79 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I first contemplated getting into Urals I found your book and Hubert's website and discovered that despite the less than stellar build quality the rigs could still be driven to hell & back. I figured that if you folks could travel around the world that I would be OK trying to get to work 20 miles away & back which mine has done faithfully for the last 8 years and has been more fun than anything else I've owned. Glad to hear you are still at it and in good health, shame we lost Hubert, he set the bar pretty high for the rest of us.
  5. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aww geeez...I've been telling people, including some participating in this thread, that you had already published that book.
    Finish the dang book, already!

Spolier alert! (the heroine of the story lives to ride, and write, another day)
    carlaking and norton(kel) like this.
  6. 47ohv

47ohv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will stay with my 13Retro. Simple and easy to work on. Have 22000 KMs on her with zero problems. You can have all that electronic crap.
    Retros Rule!!!
    Tall Man likes this.
  7. Tall Man

Tall Man Smile. You're in range.

Oddometer:
    Any time I want a change from the electronics on my fuel injected motorcycle, I simply choose my carbureted motorcycle for that day's planned ride.

And you best believe that when, not if, I tire of the compromises required by a carbureted vehicle, I go right back to my [dead reliable to date] "electronic" motorcycle.

"Easy to work on" is frequently in tension with "complex but don't have to work on it".
  8. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer: