Ural Dnepr Crap Rally, NC 26-28 March

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by KTRMN8R, Mar 7, 2010.

1. KTRMN8R

KTRMN8R Sand Camel

Oddometer:
    26-28 March (in two weeks) is the annual Carolina Rally And Picnic (CRAP). Usually brings in an interesting Dnepr/ Ural Crowd Dual sporters, Harleys & such. Its at Jordan Lake(S of Raleigh on US1), Bring a Tent I'll see ya'll there!

KTRMN8R

Fellers,

Set yer GPS's fer Vista Point in Jordan Lake. Campsite #4 "Group Site"(Big One). If you camp for the weekend it's "$5" (for the whole weekend,... gimme a break,... ya can't beat that deal!!!) lotsa folks bring food,... worst case senerio guys,... Saturday just show up & hang out with a bunch a crazy motorheads.

It's the 26, 27, & 28 March
    They'll put group rides together. For around the area. So Come one come all, kick back withsome brews:beer on the campfire. I'll probably bring a few instruments to play:kumbaya

Lookin' Forward to it.

L8r,

KTRMN8R

P.S I know there's at least one Ural from the outback that should be there : ) ,.... feel free to bring the Carburetor Cawfishes for 'hors de viors' : )
  2. Abenteuerfahrer

Abenteuerfahrer Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer:
    Am I allowed to come....or is it URAL's only??

[​IMG]
  3. KTRMN8R

KTRMN8R Sand Camel

Oddometer:
    Sweet!!! Bring that Monster Brother! There will be all kinds of Bikes, the first year it was BMW's my KTM 950, Harley's, the Dnepr's Urals, etc... just good folks with a good excuse to get together. Leave the expectations at home, Bring the Bike : ):ricky

Look forward to meetin' ya.:beer
  4. KTRMN8R

KTRMN8R Sand Camel

Oddometer:
    Originally Posted by Anders Green
    I'd like to hear more about this today...

Anders
    Well,... let's see,...

...about 5 years ago a buddy of mine say's Hey I bought a Dnepr. Having never seen one it wasn't long before we had this old Russian Iron (Aka Pot Metal ) Tank of a Hack tore apart. We literally tore this thing down to individual components. Knocking flashing off the inside of the engine block(to get oil to new uncharted territory ) powder coating several components & buffin' aluminum parts on a cobbled up Buffer(I think it was used in the Hostile & Saw movies ). Thru lots of laughs and many nights spent drinking Vodka & talking in a russian accent a bike emerged as a collection of friendship & great experiences . Durin' this time the owner found a russian iron website and decided to host a rally in the carolinas. Now if you don't know any Ural or Dnepr riders they are half tinker half coo coo clock & all personality. I won't say the weekend is a frat party, but if ya like sippin' beer 'til midnight, watchin' a fire burn down to hot coals & listenin' to stories & adventures over a few good hearty laughs,... then this rally is for you my friend. If endo's in Daytona with a thong wearin' hootchie on the back are more your cup of Tea, yer still welcome to come,... but you better bring the thong wearin' hootchie!

Seriously though Anders,.. come out Saturday around mid afternoon,... throw up a tent & enjoy an event you don't have to run,.. bring last years winnin' chili, a case of unique beer, Amy & relax.

You don't have to have a hack to come, I'm gonna roll in on a Yamaha Vmax several russian & german hacks, dual sports, harleys, & crotch rockets will make it but its all in a little campsite stuffed with tents, one big fire pit and a small parking lot for misfits like us.
  5. KTRMN8R

KTRMN8R Sand Camel

Oddometer:
    BUMP: SEE YA'LL THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ricky :ricky :ricky
  6. MarkNC

MarkNC Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a great time meeting all the Ural folks out the lake today. Lots of nice hacks out there. You guys sure had a nice spread of food going as well. Thanks for the invite.

:freaky
  7. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where are the pics? :ddog
  8. MartyL

MartyL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's going on right now.... Give them time to post pics.... Patience...... By the way, I can't wait either to see. :D
  9. KTRMN8R

KTRMN8R Sand Camel

Oddometer:
    We had a great time at the CRAP this weekend. They Butterflied & rubbed a Pig(that sat frozen in a side car for three days from Connecticut), made shish kabobs too. Real Cuban cigars were shared ,Home brewed Oatmeal Stouts & Russian Baltica Beers flowed like water ,... real Russian Vodka,... well,... it was there too . I picked mandolin . A low country Boil with Jumbo Prawns, Muscles, Steak & veggies was boiled up , breakfast was sunny side up with tabasco, handmade sausage patties, cheddar gritts, Peppered Bacon, apple flap jacks & syrup . The Ural guys went on a ~40 mile loop(we had guys clear from Canada), the VMAX is righteous. Laughs, lets just say there were plenty . BS meter was pegged with stories from the eastern block you can't make up, retired miitary stories went round a good size bonfire. 3 days, 2 nights accomodations free beer, a free 30lbs of food a day, a piece, $ FIVE DOLLARS!!! $ is all it cost anybody towards the campsite,... FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE'S MASTER CARD
  10. JerseyBlues

JerseyBlues Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yo KTRMN8R! Took me long enough to find this thread...

Had a GREAT time! Food was excellent too! Enjoyed the mandolin; hope my harp was tolerable...

See ya again sometime soon!

:freaky