US-Based Latin America Rider Rally

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by bananaman, May 22, 2008.

1. RockiesTwin

RockiesTwin Dfrag y0ur BrAin

Oddometer:

So I'll take 1 - 10 :cob
  2. GSdiablo

GSdiablo cubical farmer

Oddometer:
    We are off on phase one of the trip, taking the mutt to the folks in western MN. We are hitting the road early tomorrow. Eliz's first long day, wish her luck:evil
  3. JJMSP

JJMSP Cervicalgia

Oddometer:
    :wave

I almost had Austin taked into staying in Colorado with me until Thursday (after WF08) ,,, but then I left my credit card at the Copper Something Rest. during lunch last Friday and needed to get back home ... with dfc's credit card.

Best of luck to both (all) of you!!! Starting at 8am this morning, we made it back to Mpls from O'neil, NE by 4pm ~ great time today on the road. ... Long days on the road makes one snore's big time when slumber arrives. Oh ... hope the rain stays away while passing the pig trucks. I was covered in shit las Wed.
  4. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Good luck!

Hopefully we'll read an update by you on the prostitution thread?
  5. GSdiablo

GSdiablo cubical farmer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you made it back, I'm in Morris Mn at the folks and we are heading out about 7am. Hmm, wet pig poop, makes me yearn for SOME BACON:lol3

We hope to end up somewhere around Valentine Neb tomorrow night.
  6. GSdiablo

GSdiablo cubical farmer

Oddometer:
    When's it gonna be up and running?
  7. GSABest

GSABest El Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Gents, Ladies & others!

My son, Chris & I are leaving at 6pm Wednesday :clap. Chris will be riding a '90 VFR and me my 08 GS Adventure. Our first big motorcycle ride together!:clap Hopefully the first of many! My hope is that this rally will wet his appetite for an adventure into Latin America with me!

We will overnight in Great Falls, MT and should arrive at Glacier Basin Thursday evening. 1,071 miles total. Looking forward to hiking, motorbiking & hanging with you folks for a few days. Just don't corrupt my kid ok? :evil

Ride Safe!

vfrbest (Marc)
  8. bananaman

Oddometer:
    I still don't see it. Is Nat hung-over again? He promised pics of himself drinking beer.
  9. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    Pics to come tonight when I get to my son's house and have a wireless connection for my laptop.

ITMT, here's the link to our new thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372978

Post your reports and pics to this thread as you work your way to the rally site.
  10. rjzinc

rjzinc The World is My Home

Oddometer:
    Wish you all safe rides to the rally. My schedule has changed and I won't be able to make the trip. I'll keep up-to-date on your travels on the prostitution RR. I'll donate my camp site to the first person who claims it from this posting.

Have fun and a safe trip. I'll be thinking about the great time you all will be having and that I'll be missing.

Someone take care of Bananaman's morning latte!!!!!!!!!
  11. bananaman

Oddometer:
    ... bailing like a Dood on a rented KTM...

In the next week or two a few of us Wisconsinites will have to meet up at Maxie's in Milwaukee. I hear they've got a nice tequilla selection and, better yet, a couple of the peoples in charge ride dual sports- one classic R100GS and one newish F650GS. Between the five of us we can have a party!
  12. Nata Harli

Oddometer:
    Check out post #11 on the prostitution thread. Is our game up? Is Muleaboy a winner? Do we let the cat out of the bag?

I noticed we have gotten over 1200 views so far so I think the title of our thread is a winner but don't know if we Muleboy is. Something we need to vote on at the campsite, methinks.
  13. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Ahh, Colorado weather. I've only lived in western Colorado for 36 years and my wife for a few more than that. A great sunny and very warm day here in western Colorado and the weatherman is only calling for snow above 10,000' and rain for the next couple of days.
    If we were traveling on our bikes we would be staying put. So us not wanting to miss out on at least meeting the group, we are driving our truck instead.
    I'll bring a bunch of firewood, tequila, beer and stuff for quesadillas.
    If you need anything else big, let me know. I'll check messages before we leave around 7-8am tomorrow morn.
  14. bananaman

Oddometer:
    If it's really, really cold, I'll do like I was supposed to do in Argentina, and buy myself a fancy alpaca sweater.
  15. j_seguin

j_seguin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ill take that campsite!
  16. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    I camped about 20 miles up Hwy 14 last night.
    It rained and blew some last night and the real rain started just before dawn today...and hasn't completely stopped for one minute.
    Now in Ft Collins drying out...
    It rained so damn much the tent pad couldn't drain...and I became an island in the pond. Sierra Designs makes decent tents but they aren't arks...
    I'll run up to the park tomorrow if the weather ain't too crappy.
  17. j_seguin

j_seguin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I now have to work tomorrow so I can't make it. :baldy :ruskie :splat
  18. Nata Harli

Oddometer:
    The rally's going on all weekend thru Tuesday. You have no excuse.
  19. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Chris & I had a great time with the inmates at Glacier Basin. Enjoy the sun the next couple of days. And we will see you next year.
  20. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
    I had a great time to and didn't want to leave, but the powers that be for now dictate- but not for long... Had the most rain on the way back home. I even stopped by the largest hand dug whale in the world, took me just a little while to find it since the F5-er. Adios Amigos