US-Based Latin America Rider Rally

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by bananaman, May 22, 2008.

1. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I have to admit it took me a while to understand, too. I was, like, hand-dug whale?

Your ride report is going to be awesome.
  2. bananaman

Oddometer:
    On account of the ccccold here in Wisconsin, I simply do not have the energy to start a new party thread. Therefore I am continuing the arguments here.

Albert wants to have a party in Cartegena.

Laoutbacktrail wants to have one in Mexico.

Since I've never been to Cartegena, I am going to get blurry about it. Anyone who wants to do some confusing about Mexico can stand in line.

Dear Albert the Turtles Head,

I never thought I would find myself writing a letter like this.

I understand that you are interested in hosting a motorcycle party in Cartegena, Colombia, and that anyone invited risks being arrested. When is this party? Is it in 2009, or 2010? Will it be disorganized by committee, or will we nominate a facist-in-charge? Can you arrange for dates for myself and my friends? Are we only eating tomatoes on Tuesday, and lettuces on Wednesday?

sincerely,

Bananaman
  3. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    I'm going to the area I suggested to a couple of you guys in 2 weeks. I can disfigure some plan to make us have an adventure and a couple decent rides. Spending about a week down there... so i'm bound to get in trouble.

I think it fitting for the meeting to be held IN a Latin American country instead of in the F'n US.! Thats a personal 'pinion that may need to be disregarded by some individuals. We could just plan a trip to Mexico... with a side trip to cluebah (<--- secret code so that the CIA doesnt track us down) Could be fun.

Mexico would be cheap for me. Cartagena would be my big trip of the year.... and leave me with no other trips this year.... so I vote Mexico for 09 and Cartagena for 2010. :deal

But otherwise :fyyff
  4. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Dear Albert the Turtles Head

Thank you very much for not embarrassing me further. As you can imagine, I am very shy about having to write letters like this.

I would very much like to be included in your little Cartegena soiree. If you were to invite a few of my associates, those who frequent these parts, as well as another location fondly called "The Hubb," I'm sure they would be delighted. Although some of us might be forced- forced is such a strong word, but for this, somehow a'pro'po- to decline your invitation, they would surely be honored to have received it.

Financial considerations- dare we speak of these? If we must... however, some might be pleasantly surprised to find that budgets and expenses are not as high as one might fear!

Please tell me more! Will there be dancing? Music? Beverages of an intoxicating nature?

Sincerely,

Bananaman

edit: I think Albert is talking about something big, really big, in Cartegena, November 2009. Big enough to get real media attention. Big enough to make a statement about COLOMBIA! like that. Big. And For Real.

We're going to need a name for this. It's bigger than North-American based.
  5. Muleboy

Muleboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think Throttlemiester and I would be in for Cartagena in November. As far as the North American Rally it would be best somewhere in Northern Mexico to make it more accessable to the masses.
  6. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 Muleboy. We can have one rally earlier in Mexico and then another in Cartie in November and hit em both. :deal

Latin America Adventure Rallies II and IIa respectively.:1drink
  7. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    I retire in April so I'm in for both:clap
  8. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    The natural location for a south-of-the-border gathering would be Creel, by Copper Canyon. Spring and Fall are the best seasons.

It's 320 miles, one day, from Presidio, TX.
  9. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    +1 Creel area. I know a great little place Oso Paradiso(sp = Bear Paradise) run by a crazy expat that would be a great place for the Northern Latin Adv Rally II. Its outside Cero Cowy (don't know how to spell it-that's how it sounds) and would be a little adventure for some getting there but it would put you in a great place for CC exploration or just stay in Creel where everybody riding anything can make it easily. In Creel, BestWestern and all, I like Margarita's myself:freaky
  10. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Why Creel.... where everyone goes?

And no I havent been there.... yet.
  11. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Due to its "ala naturale" location I guess, you would probably enjoy yourself, it should be on most's bucket list if you ride enduro IMHO.
  12. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Let's start working on a date, too. As for me, if my horse isn't lame, I can make it to Mexico on a weekend when I'm not doing an equestrian event. Unless it's in July, which is a damn hot month that I don't need to spend in Wisconsin. As we all know, it can snow anywhere in August. Where's Nata Harli? Ken? Aren't you our best disorganizer?
  13. LaOutbackTrail

Oddometer:
    Hows about within the next 6 months? So that I can get back down and cancel my vehicle permit.:wink: