US to Canada Package Forwarding Services

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BjornBsrkr, May 15, 2021.

1. BjornBsrkr

BjornBsrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been in the market for a set of MotoZ Rallz tires for my 690 for almost two years. Unfortunately, the Canadian importer (Kimpex) promises stock and doesn’t deliver while the US retailers have lots sitting in warehouses.

I have a US address, so prior to COVID, I would just order tires then pop down to the US and pick them up. Pay the HST at the border and it is all good. With the border closed indefinitely, well, that isn’t an option.

All of the US retailers I have tried have stopped shipping to Canada “because of COVID” (?) or because they won’t ship MotoZ tires north because of Kimpex.

So, the question: has anyone had positive experience with a particular package forwarding service? A US order would be sent to the forwarding service’s US address then sent on to Canada for delivery via USPS/CanPost or one of the couriers.
  2. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been using https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/ for a few years now, no complaints. You can either pick up from one of their GTA area locations if you are near there or else they will ship your items out to you
  3. Uncle Bugga

Uncle Bugga Idiot, searching for Village

Oddometer:
    Try Triple Clamp Moto. They have a bunch of MotoZ in stock, they’re Canadian, and great to deal with. Even have some nice bits for the 690. Picked up a KTM 990 air intake, saving up for some 690 case savers soon. There might be a current vendor code if you email them and ask.
  4. Sandy346

Sandy346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have used “Reship” over the years, when other options are not available. no complaints https://www.reship.com/
  5. RCR001

RCR001 MOTO CHASER Supporter

Oddometer:
    Petes superbike? usually good selection of tires..
  6. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Pete doesn't handle Motoz, unfortunately.
  7. BjornBsrkr

BjornBsrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Uncle! I checked with Triple Clamp a few weeks ago and they didn’t have stock. I will give them a try again today.
  8. BjornBsrkr

BjornBsrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

The problem isn’t finding a dealer (most will “sell” you MotoZ tires however can not deliver) but something is wonky at the manufacturer and distributor level. I have spoken with MotoZ who claim that tires have been sent to Kimpex (sole distributor in Canada). Kimpex claims that they haven’t received tires in months (years). Kimpex then does the “coming soon — xx weeks” count down on their website until they get to zero and then reset to “coming soon - - xx weeks” all over again. All the while, both dealers and Kimpex want to take your money up front with no expected delivery date!

It is perfectly understandable that there are world-wide supply chain issues and products just won’t be arriving any time soon. So why not just say that! Instead, there seems to be an expectation that consumers will happily just provide interest-free, indefinite loans on the promise of “some day” delivery.

OK rant over. First world problems. Thanks, for listening. I will be hear all week.
  9. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    What size do you need? We have some in stock 2 are sold but I think I have 4
  10. Tim - DO THE TON

Tim - DO THE TON Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You don't have any friends down there who would take delivery and ship to you?

I've been using Netparcel recently to arrange for US > CA shipping. I send my friend the code and they pop into UPS and off it goes to me, with all the commercial invoice nonsense sorted out in advance. I mark the items as gift with whatever value I choose to avoid UPS brokerage fees.
  11. smashley

smashley Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1

I had my first experience with CrossBorder Pickups a few weeks ago and was impressed. Even though Rocky Mountain ATV will ship to Canada it is at a significant cost compared to the free shipping to Niagara Falls. I had to pay extra taxes (NY State sales tax) and then the CBP fee, but still saved 20% (on the total bill) over shipping it direct. My one mistake was that RM-ATV sent my order in 2 boxes, which I didn't realize in time, and so mistakenly ended up forwarding them across the border separately incurring extra fees. Pickup at the Mississauga location was simple and quick.
  12. BjornBsrkr

BjornBsrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I checked with Triple Clamp this morning and they don’t have any MotoZ tires. They are hoping for the end of June (maybe).