1. eNewsletter Sign Up

USA to South America for Charity--need fellow rider(s)- Dec 2010 departure

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Chaiku232, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Chaiku232

Chaiku232 Viva la Vida!

Oddometer:
    My name is Alex, this is my first post so lets see how it goes

I'm currently a college graduate with a 08' KLR 650 who will be traveling to south america from the United States(Texas) on a 3 month journey to tierra de fuego Chile, argentina, brazil and more.

I am currently sponsered by Riders of Kawasaki (ROK), Kawasaki International, and Accelerate Magazine. I speak fluent Spanish/English and am looking for riders interested in joining me for this incredible journey, (safety in numbers/cheaper hotels/buddy system etc.). You would need to provide your own vehicle and finances. You'll be featured in Accelerate Magazine and will help raise money for charity.

I have vast experience in motorcycle riding, maintenance and adventure. I have traveled through 43 US states, visited almost every US nation park, all canadian provinces, Alaska and most of Mexico on my KLR and backpack by myself. I'm highly experienced and will share my skills with any fellow rider interested in joining this adventure. You do not have to go all the way nor are obligated to, and are welcome to join a part of the way or the entire trip if you'd like.

Departure is set for November, specific date will be determined once confirmation on a shipping vessel has been booked for voyage from Panama to Columbia. I have already seeked a route, points of interest, and some lodging, I have family in much of Mexico who will gladly provided shelter, safely and food for the night on the way down to South America. I am very open minded and flexible and welcome all suggestions, and will adapt to specifics of fellow riders wanting to join, such as places you would like to see, or avoid.

If this is of interest to you, I encourage you to contact me on this forum or message. Thank you
  2. unemployed fool

unemployed fool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am interested. i'm planning on going through central america at that point in time. i might just join for a leg, and leave you at the panama canal. please tell me more about the charity that you're raising money for, and how much dough you expect to spend.
  3. rpilottx

rpilottx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, if you leave the latter part of November I can go with you as far as Panama. The cast came off two days ago and have already had two days of physical therapy. Am walking with a cane but it hurts.

I am planning on getting the GS from North Dakota in late October but would use my 98 KLR for Panama. I need to show you my Alaska stuff. Rich
  4. Chaiku232

Chaiku232 Viva la Vida!

Oddometer:
    so far a charity hasn't been decided. Thats a plus to the trip if I can make that happen in the coming few weeks. I'm focuseing on the more important aspects and logistics to the trip first. I don't expect to spend more than $5000 for this trip, or at least I'll see how far that takes me.

Thanks Rich, I'll give you a call tomorrow to stop by and say hi, I'm sure you'll be good for November