USA Trip Planning Questions - (optimal road trip across the U.S)

Discussion in 'Americas' started by kiran, Jan 11, 2016.

1. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    :D :D :D

sure wont...we follow this here too. we try to find a spot facing away from traffic/people/shops and houses, walk away from road and then relieve ourselves. a bushy patch works well so that i can be away from being seen. typically no one would be around but if anyone appears, eye contact is strictly avoided as active eye contact or gesture will attract trouble.

This is a question for highways where public restrooms or anything may not be near for miles.
  2. barko1

barko1 barko1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gas stations/convenience stores all have restrooms for customers as do all places to eat and rest areas as well so usually not a problem. In some of the more deserted areas out West they can be a ways apart and that is when stealth pissing should be employed. Pull off the road, wait for no traffic, then take a leak while pretending to doing something on the bike. Not a big worry.
    kiran likes this.
  3. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  4. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    In most States it is State law that a Gas Station offer free restroom and free air and water...true.............I've reported places in California for not providing....never heard of the outcome though.
    kiran likes this.
  5. hardroadking

hardroadking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Peeing in public is done as a last resort and not as a matter of convenience. Always try to find a public toilet or risk public scorn or a fine from the police if caught. As a foreigner it could be harder or easier to talk you way out of getting a fine and instead just a warning. Don't claim ignorance - "oh I did not know that I could not pee on the road in America...in my country we can.....". I would just say "I could not hold it any longer and I could not find a toilet and I am very sorry, I know this is bad behavior, I tried to pick a place out of the way of other people and traffic".

If your bike is loaded up with gear and you are under 6 feet tall, you can probably get away with standing close to your bike while pulled off on the shoulder of the road and pee. You will attract attention because some people might think you need help when they see a bike pulled over. If you stand still in the normal standing peeing position, it's a dead give away what you are doing. So maybe have your phone to your ear with your other hand and or make some mild shuffling body movements as though you are fussing with your bike. Just be ready to stop the flow midstream and put it away if someone pulls up close to you to offer assistance. Peeing in public is frowned upon. Having your penis out and in view of anyone, especially a child will be dealt with much more severely...don't let that happen, better to just piss your pants, you can't go to jail for pissing your pants but you can for having your penis out, even if you are obviously peeing.

If there are a lot of people around there are probably a lot of toilets around to use. If there are no or few people around, there are probably few to none toilets around and you can pee on the ground with little chance of being noticed. So you should be able to find a toilet in busy areas and you should be able to pee without an audience in sparsely populated areas. My preference, if on the highway or even a country road is to wait for a long straightaway with a hill. Stop at the top of the hill so I can see traffic approaching from both directions. Dismount bike, wait for break in traffic where your performance will not be interrupted, face downwind and let her rip.
    kiran likes this.
  6. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! can consider this query answered :D
  7. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Kiran is thinking about a new ride
    kiran likes this.
  8. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    :happay
  9. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Kiran is thinking about a new ride
  10. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  11. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

kiran likes this.
  12. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Pivot pegs. Super duper windscreen. USB port. SAE port. Engine protection bars.
  13. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    BRAND NEW Metzler Tourance 205 miles ago.
    kiran likes this.
  14. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    This is awesome!
  15. DaMonk45

DaMonk45 I B Da Monk

Oddometer:
    I am not sure how you can do any better?
    kiran likes this.
  16. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Kiran is thinking about a new ride
  17. Sjoerd Bakker

Sjoerd Bakker Long timer

Oddometer:
    :roflMissed that exchange about draining ones bladder .
    You should find that much of rural
    USA farm country makes it very easy for you during summer because of the abundance of corn ( maize) fields that are taller than a man. Simply ride the bike till you spot driveway into a cornfield or such a field without a fence . Park the bike at roadside and walk into the corn a few rows and you will be invisible. I call it a crop inspection :augie

Out west on the deserts and ranches where you can see 20 km down the the road in both directions you should have little trouble spotting coming traffic

In cities the fast food restaurants and service stations may keep their washrooms locked to fend off non -customers and drug users, ask for the key and buy a coffee- that will prime your system for a next stop .:photog
    Also in urban areas don't forget about the big chain grocery stores or department stores , all have toilets for customers,at small stores you need to ask . Walmart , Home Depot, Staples. etc all have good washrooms ( on the front at Walmart and while there you can use their free wifi )
    :jack That is the first time I read that difference between highways in the US and India
    kiran likes this.
  18. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    That reminds me...I will need prepaid sim card with better coverage and data limits.
    Is the verizon ba***d good over ATT, as both offer similar plans.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/
    https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

I am looking for 3 or 6GB data per month since I would be uploading lot pictures and wifi may not be available all the time. (Not sure how much free Wifi is available outside cities)

:D
  19. DaMonk45

DaMonk45 I B Da Monk

Oddometer:
    Most places have wifi now someplace in town.
    If you think you need it I would go with the smaller cheaper plan. Take all the pics you want then hold them till you get to somplace that has a wift and upload the BUNCH at once.
    Even truck stops out in the middle of no where have wifi any more.
    All depends on how much you want to spend.
  20. kiran

kiran CommuTourer

Oddometer:
    OK then i can go for smaller plan.
    Is the Verizon coverage good otherwise for voice calls?