Usal Rd Condition

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Just_Sean, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    Anyone been on Usal Rd and/or Wilder Ridge/Kings Peak lately?? I'm planning on riding it on the way to canuckland after Labor day....Thanks in advance
  2. Mudcat

Mudcat Unregistered

Oddometer:
    I was over Usal yesterday, easy ride. But get this, 30 miles into this dirt RD I came to an intersection of dirt RD’s and some of the locals are holding a Bake Sale out in the middle of nowhere. :D They were raising money for the local fire department. I asked them, how many people have come by? I was the third and the first to stop.
    Boy, they had good stuff there. Why I didn't get a picture of this I'll never understand.
  3. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    kewl - I went a week or so after Memorial day, and most of it was a little (note the long-abandoned car in the background)
    [​IMG]
    and I'm taking the GS on this trip - so, what was in those brownies anyways??? :evil
  4. Mudcat

Mudcat Unregistered

Oddometer:
    That car is still there but it’s been moved and the road has been bladed.

It was a day for abandoned cars. On Orr Spring’s road, out of Ukiah, there were two. Both had the left front wheel collapse. One was abandoned in the middle of the east bound lane. The other, about five miles west, was parked along the side of the west bound lane.

I didn’t see any brownies at the bake sale but the odor was in the air and the muffins were invigorating. :D
  5. bigdog99

bigdog99 Weaned and neutered

Oddometer:
    I was over Usal Saturday 9-3 on 1150GS with wife on back. Very dusty and soft in places, but otherwise passable. There is a "closed to through traffic" sign posted, but you can ignore that, at least until the first heavy rain. We also hit bake sale-nice folks. We were assisted in an accident a couple of years ago by VFD (in ID), so gave them $20 for assorted goodies for lunch. Then they whipped out the VFD t-shirts (also $20), so it was a $40 lunch in the middle of nowhere. I heard that last year's brownies were better than this year's though, something about a special ingredient...
  6. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update bigdog...

The pic I posted is about 2 miles after the "road closed" sign, after a bit of rain.... 'course, that was on the sixfiddy...thanks for the update - my trip got pushed back a day, now a chance of rain on Thurs...might make me glad I got the TKC's on!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Santa

Santa Focused on the Future

Oddometer:
    Sounds like some of you were on the ROL.
    How about a report?
    -S
  8. Mudcat

Mudcat Unregistered

Oddometer:
    Yeah, what the hell does that mean? Closed to through traffic, I was only going through as far as I could go.
    When I came down the hill into the bake sale, I thought I might be in trouble. There were people running around with orange vests on and a fire engine. But instead of a ticket I was greeted like a lost brother. People were ouwing and ahhing over my bike and running around getting me something to eat. But I wasn’t offered no T-shirt, Bigdog must have bought them all.
    I was through there on Sunday about 4 pm.