Want to buy Used Mazda Miata (Manual)

Discussion in 'Other' started by GA_Collector, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_Collector

GA_Collector Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking to buy a nice used Miata, manual transmission to be used to teach my son how to drive a stick. All of our cars are automatics.
    My only requirements:

- Manual transmission Miata
    - Very good mechanical condition, should need nothing and be well sorted out.
    - must be able to pass a Georgia emissions test
    - inmate priced, my budget is less than $6,000
    - ideally I would like an NB second generation car due to the additional safety features and upgrades that were made.
    - no need for a hardtop
    - no need for a garage queen, MUST be priced at Blue Book.
    - located within 2 hours of Atlanta

Located in Atlanta, GA about 20 minutes from the airport.
  2. TDM Rider

TDM Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I may have a car for you.

2005 -last year of the NB Miata. Car has 133K on it but is in really nice shape and runs great. It was repainted at some point but no accident was on the Carfax I ran when I bought it last year.

I recently put new brakes on the front and installed a new head unit and speakers. It will need tires soon but otherwise it’s good to go.

Why sell? Wife hates it (the whole guys driving Miatas thing) and my son wants to do another old BMW project before he heads off to college on the fall.

I’m in Franklin TN, just south of Nashville and would be happy to deliver if you like.

Here’s a couple photos I have on my phone.
    IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

PM me if interested.

Cheers,

CARL
    Jamie Z likes this.
  3. GA_Collector

GA_Collector Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How much do you want for it? What part of the country did the car come from? Any rust underneath? Any leaks? How is the interior? How does it shift? Any slipping from the clutch? I can not register a car in Georgia unless it passes an emissions test. Any reason the car would not pass? Do you know what major work the previous owner had done?
  4. TDM Rider

TDM Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The car is from the south, so no rust, no leaks and the interior is in nice condition. Shifts fine, clutch works as it should and I have to pass emissions here in TN, so no problems with that. As for previous work, let me go back and see what info I have, but off the top of my head, I know he had all the wheel bearings replaced.

I need to look into the price but I would say somewhere around $5,400 or so.

I will PM you with my number to we can discuss in more detail and I can send you some photos.

Thanks,

CARL
  5. GA_Collector

GA_Collector Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still looking.
  6. GA_Collector

GA_Collector Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still looking
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.