1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Using any GSW Special Tools?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by marchyman, Nov 25, 2013.

1. JPCollinsworth

JPCollinsworth Compulsive Spender

Oddometer:
    R1200
  2. enrich

enrich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any recommendations for a decent quality and reasonably priced (somewhere between HF and Snap-On) lower range torque wrench? I have a good 10-75flb 3/8" click wrench and am looking for something to augment that wrench in the lower torque ranges.
  3. NoiZboy

NoiZboy Dirt to Track and Back Again

Oddometer:
    For click types I'd recommend CDI or Park Tools - they both have a click 1/4" torque wrench for a little over $100. If you're willing to go closer to Snap-On price range, though, CDI has a digital wrench which I find helpful for the low torque ranges of a 1/4" wrench. It's easy to miss the "click" when you're only trying to hit a few inch pounds. The audible tone on the electronic wrench - both a warning and "stop" tone - eliminate that risk. You can also watch the torque climb on the digital readout, which I find helpful in cases where I'm wanting to really closely monitor the thread's condition as I'm tightening. Finally, the ability to set the wrench in various units is a handy timesaver since our various resources give units in Nm, ft-lbs, and in-lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/CDI-2401CI3-Computorq-Electronic-Torque/dp/B000I1Y5RK/ref=sr_1_48?keywords=1/4+inch+torque+wrench&qid=1566389003&s=gateway&sr=8-48
    enrich likes this.
  4. Englishmatt

Englishmatt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I paid $150 for my Craftsman Inch Pound wrench. Goes to 250 Inch Pounds which is about where my nice digital ft lbs wrench takes over.

For the low torque stuff, Inch Pounds is the only way to go... IMO.
    WillieJ, enrich and Emoto like this.
  5. MGV8

MGV8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was going to order the cam timing parts from Bike Bandit but they want to add 44.00 bucks tax to the order. I'm already going to get raped when it crosses into Canada so I will call in the morning to see why.
  6. Zirix

Zirix n00b

Oddometer:
    Sin título.jpg

Hello
    I am following this thread and I see that several people have acquired the ALIGNMENT PIN - 83302327790
    I am trying to make a tool for this purpose and it would be very useful if any of the owners of this tool could provide me with the measures indicated in the drawing
    Looking at the plug data, the thread looks like M16x1.5

Thanks in advance!
  7. MGV8

MGV8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ha, glad I checked. Ordered every thing from my local dealer. Even with our local taxes they are cheaper than getting them from State side. Every thing available with a two week wait for the Tensioner. With the money I saved I bought some new Gloves :lol3
    With the number of Wet heads showing up in our local area they might actually get used more than once or twice!
  8. JPCollinsworth

JPCollinsworth Compulsive Spender

Oddometer:
    A- 10.71mm
    B- 1.88mm
    C- 12.27mm
    D- 11.08mm
    E- 15.28mm
    8- 6.0mm

I'm not a toolmaker or engineer but I tried to accurately measure.
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  9. Thanatos1224

Thanatos1224 Finding an excuse to ride

Oddometer:
    So looking at the image (thank you btw) If for instance, I use the https://shop.snapon.com/product/FRDHM16
    3/8" Drive 12-Point Metric 16 mm Standard Torque Adaptor and keep it at a 90degree angle no additional math is required? (Jim feel free to chime in too).
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes.
    XICAQUE likes this.
  11. Thanatos1224

Thanatos1224 Finding an excuse to ride

Oddometer:
    Thank you Jim.
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  12. Zirix

Zirix n00b