using leading legs?

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by extreme11, Mar 1, 2018.

1. extreme11

extreme11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ever used Leading Legs on a hack? It seems a very economical way to get the required trail on a bike for a sidecar. Looking at the many imaged available on the internet there are many designs but little info on whether this system actually works well. Unlike changing the trees one can easily return to using the bike solo again.
    FLYING EYEBALL likes this.
  2. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    DMC does it for several rigs Suzuki V-Strom possibly the Yamaha Super T.
  3. davet2

davet2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is a picture of mine installed on my Harley Tour Glide. It is an EML design purchased through Eurowing in Florida. It works well to reduce steering effort. I think it could use a brace around the back of the fender to stiffen up the front end. I sometimes get noise from the brakes when turning.

Attached Files:

4. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We find that on bikes with large diameter fork tubes that they work out well, they are not necessarily from an engineering point of view the "Best" way to go however the work reasonably well and can be an economical way to go. As every thing is 100% bolt on with most of our legs with no permanent changes to the bike you could take it all back to stock. BTW we are in development right now of legs for the BMW K1600 that will include a new fender and brake lines however with this set up you will need to cut off the mounting point for the ABS pick up so putting it back stock would require making up a new mounting point.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  5. mikejjmay

mikejjmay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had the DMC leading legs on my old Vstrom rig that i NEVER should have sold. Worked awesome, worth the money. Needed - no, very very nice - yes
    pops likes this.
  6. tydriver

tydriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I made mine. They don't look pretty, but about 5k miles in, they continue to do the job. It's a great opportunity to bolt on more powerful brakes (larger diameter rotors fitted after picture below). I'm glad I did.[​IMG]
  7. BigFatAl

BigFatAl Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Mine worked awesome
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.