Using Routes on the Nav V

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by davepen, Jun 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. davepen

davepen Just put your damned city in your profile.

Oddometer:
    How do you use a saved route without it recalculating?

For example, I have a saved route from A to B that travels along highways 1, 2 and 3. I want to pick up the route somewhere along highway 2 between those points. I don't want the route to recalculate while I am driving it.

I'm a little surprised I've never needed to do this until now, but it appears that the Nav V doesn't support this.

I also have the corresponding track including shaping points, but you can't get TBT directions from a track.
  2. lkraus

lkraus Long timer

Oddometer:
    See https://advrider.com/f/threads/basecamp-tutorial.1054359/page-19#post-40223156, and the post following it. They very briefly answer what your Nav is doing when you want to start in the middle of a route (or should I say, why you can't?), and how to work around it. Reading the linked guide will explain much more fully what your Nav V is doing. It is written for the Zumo, but the Navigator handles routes the same way.
  3. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could turn off recalculate function. But without a waypoint to navigate to the original route, you're still recalculating to get there.
  4. davepen

davepen Just put your damned city in your profile.

Oddometer:
    That's half the solution. There is a way to pick up a route at a specific waypoint, but I need to test it.