1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Utah BMW GS thread

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by tylerjwhite, Feb 11, 2010.

1. tylerjwhite

tylerjwhite Wandering Mtn Goat

Oddometer:
    I would jump on that in a heart beat. Butt :kat I am going back east for the winter as of Thursday. Maybe however I will finally have time to post pictures of my trip to Victoria and Vancouver BC and down the coast. :clap
  2. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    Nice of you guys to mention Moose Drool. try the Big Sky IPA as well. I used to live close to the brewery in MT. My wife says if we had not moved back to Boulder CO when we did I'd have crashed the riding mower hard into a pine tree sooner or later . I'd ride over from CO and ride with ya'll sometime as I ride in UT a lot.
  3. tylerjwhite

Oddometer:
    This is why you don't put your leg down to try and catch your huge off road bike or take it in the mud on day one.

An interesting video either way.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gzc8wMXL8xY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek1
  4. Ridonculous

Ridonculous The long and .......

Oddometer:
    are we taking the winter off?
  5. tylerjwhite

Oddometer:

I am in Georgia and riding in 65 to 75 degree weather. MOWAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAaaaaa!!!!!!!!.... I suppose I should take some pictures. I will be riding this afternoon since I finally have some time. Any suggestions on a free place to post pictures that will let me put them up here? I still have the trip to Canada that I need to process and post up but again I need a good hosting place. What are you all up to ? :lol3
  6. Elmer_C

Elmer_C Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Tyler,

I think I used photobucket to host some pictures. Are you in Georgia for good?

- Mike
  7. tylerjwhite

Oddometer:
    Nope just till the summer then I am home again. Makes for a long year of riding my moto though. I guess there is one thing good about it. :deal
  8. JohnBryer

JohnBryer Adventure Poser

Oddometer:
    It's time to revive this thread a bit....

So who's planning some trips this year? I'm doing a ride with the guys from the Wheelnerds podcast early June down to Durango.

Julia and I are going to do a 2 week trip to Banff/Jasper in late summer.

I'm hoping to do 5-6 track days with Apex too.
  9. tylerjwhite

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry I have been wrapped up in school. I have a bunch of pictures and videos of our trip to BC that I need to make time to put together. I also have been out of the area. I want to hit the tail of the dragon on the east coast some time in the next few months. If anyone is in the area over a weekend between now and then let me know. Also does anyone have any pictures of that? I may be down with a ride in June but will have to see. We have a bun in the oven. :clap
  10. 2wheeladv

2wheeladv Lost & lov'n it

Oddometer:
    Wow this thread needs a little reviving! This time of year I get itchy for adventure...

St George on the 800's second weekend of March; California the last weekend of March; Rawhyde Adventure, AZ mid-May; round-trip to AK in June, Sturgis (on the chopper) in August.
  11. JohnBryer

Oddometer:
    Tyler, if you need some NC riding buddies, let me know. I lived there for 15 years. I have a good friend that lives in Charlotte that I used to ride with. I'm pretty sure he could show you around the area over a weekend.
  12. tylerjwhite

Oddometer:
    Ya shoot them my number I am always down for more adventure. :deal
  13. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    Just back form 3 weeks in CA seeing Death valley, the northern coast and mom.
  15. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:

My wife and I are going to ride out bikes up there 3rd week of July or so and stay a month if all goes as planned. Maybe we will see ya!

ed
  16. 2Stamp

2Stamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Taking the wife on her first mini tour this summer. We did the PET last Sep and she seemed to like it. This trip will be mostly tarmac, a few days in S UT.

Also planning a trip to Glacier NP sometime mid summer with a couple friends, Moab in April sometime...
  17. JohnBryer

Oddometer:
    As I've been planning my trip, I realized that I'm going to have a little over 2 rides to go ride at the end of August and early September. I think I can get up to Alaska and back in that much time. :wink:
  18. tylerjwhite

Oddometer:
    I wan't to go to Alaska. I am envous. It is on my bucket list. Also where are the pictures of Death Valley? I would love to go back there. Not this winter though. Maybe next will see. :lol3
  19. JohnBryer

Oddometer:
    Look through my facebook photos. Labeled California Memorial Day 2008.
  20. 2wheeladv

2wheeladv Lost & lov'n it

Oddometer:
    A small group (2-3 riders) are departing from UT to AK June 10th. The plan is to take the coastal route to Anchorage. My family is meeting me in Anchorage for a week of site seeing and then the return trip is up in the air. The other riders are shipping their bikes back to UT, I'm considering a solo ride back via the inland route, dropping into Montana.If anyone's interested in riding to or from AK PM me. The more the merrier.:freaky