1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. Proud Highway

Proud Highway one hand waving free

Oddometer:
    Utah Code 41-22-9. Vehicles exempt from registration.
    (1) The following off-highway vehicles are exempt from the registration requirements of this chapter:
    (a) vehicles that are currently registered for highway use...

A plated bike can ride anywhere without further license or registration.
    The Walrus and derblauereiter like this.
  2. BCB1080

BCB1080 Know what you don't Know

Oddometer:
    Awesome thanks man!
    derblauereiter likes this.
  3. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Hey guys! Headed over to your state end of July with my Grandson, down from Logan, and a couple of other old fart riding buddies. I have done a little exploring in the MLaSal Forest between 89 and 10-mostly Down south out of Emery and Ferron. I’d like to move north along 31 coming over from Fairview to Huntington. Anyone have any suggestions for good camp and ride spots? 4wd pickup with small trailer, dirt bikes and fairly good riders. But dirt road exploration is what we would enjoy. So not asking you to disclose super secret single track! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.....
  4. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have only driven my truck around in that area from Tucker down to Fairview, didn't really find it appealing. I know if you go north a bit to Hwy 6 there is a lot of camping off Sheep Creek or Diamond Fork, or Soldier Summit, campground or primitive. The dirt roads where just freshly graded and there is single track and two track.
    You can ride up to Strawberry Res. have a lunch or get gas at the marina. Real nice riding around there.
    Was up there yesterday riding. IMG_3892.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3894.JPG IMG_3895.JPG
    derblauereiter likes this.
  5. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much. I have not been over Hwy 31 and it looked interesting, on the map at least. I will look around up north. Soldier Summit had been on my radar....
  6. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    We’ll go with Soldier Summit. Any suggestions on camp spots? We’re not picky and don’t need hookups or even USFS campgrounds. Good boonie camping spots?? This area get pretty busy on Summer weekends? Thanks!
  7. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is easy to find dispersed camping sites all through that area, especially to the north towards Strawberry Ridge/Resv. There likely might be campfire restrictions but your fine with Jetboil, etc. Be aware that Utah has a state holiday on the 24th of July that is bigger than the 4th in most places. It could be tougher (not impossible) to find camp spots that Wed and later into the weekend in some areas.
  8. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks much!! We'll be there the weekend before. Kinda been wanting to check out Soldier Summit. So I'm leaning that way unless camping is going to be a problem. I see the turnoff and then the 2 roads splitting off and following the Right and Middle Forks of the White River. Either one of these better than another for what we have in mind?

Thanks again!
  9. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you stay left and follow it down on FR131 it will take you to junction in the road that looks like it would be a great camping spot. Depending on your camper size if your towing one might be iffy. Tent camping out of the truck and a small trailer I don't think would be a problem. If you want a good single track go to the willow creek trail its a blast with some water crossings. If you can get in to Spanish Fork before you go up there you can go by the ranger station and get a map of the area for free.
  10. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3908.JPG IMG_3908.JPG
    Its somewhere above the 6 in that picture. I have riden all over up there, some of my tracks.
  11. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thank you very, very much!

And, how’s the fishing?
  12. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3896.JPG
    You can catch these lake salmon at Strawberry, forget what there name is but starts with a C. Down in Diamond Fork the Spanish Fork river I think you may catch some trout. I don't fish and thats only what I have been told by some people I have talked to there.
  13. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks again! Come up and ride if you don’t fish.
  14. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    I might be able to, I am off work on sunday and mondays so it would have to be one of those days if your up there. Mondays are our choice day of riding because usually everyone is back to work. I'm a terrible navigator so I couldn't lead you around much I usually just take off and hit whatever comes up, but I do have a map.
  15. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Come on over. I am going to follow your suggestions. White Ford 150 with shell, with small grey toyhauler trailer. Probably no cel service but can PM # if desired
  16. EZ300

EZ300 Just wanna ride my motorsickle

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,.... I'm going to be up in Beaver in a couple weeks and was wondering if there are any singletrack trails around the area. Let me know,... Thanks. PM me if you have any concerns about sharing your trails.
  17. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whats the dates your going to be up in this area?
  18. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    7/18-7/22
  19. wyosam

wyosam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if there is a better place for this question or not. I'll be coming down from Jackson a few times at the end of July/first half of August for some training at the U of U medical center. I probably wont have anything other than evenings to ride, but will probably either ride my gravel/moderate 2 track capable Weestrom down, or drive but bring my small dual sport along for evening adventures. What is close if there is 2-2.5 hours to ride? Would you recommend one over the other? Any nearby single track? It will be in three separate trips, so some combination of the two options will probably be what happens since my wife will undoubtedly think of a bunch of crap from Ikea or somewhere that we can't live without. What are the local fun rides? I'll probably stay somewhere near campus/hospital to minimize the time I spend in traffic (shifts are 8-6).

Thanks!
  20. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    I will stop by the FS Office and get a map. I will be towing a little toyhauler trailer. So I am not looking for a hardcore four wheel adventure finding a camp spot. Does that change the recommendation? My grandson is interested in fishing the Provo. So something over that way would be good also. Doesn't have to be Soldier Summit....