1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. JamesHTrotter

JamesHTrotter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello!
    Having ridden a CRF230L from New York (down to to Saint Augustine, FL, then across) to Utah, I have had the opportunity to live and work in Zion National Park for the last few months. I have to make my way to New York on July 20th and am taking the Saint George Shuttle to Vegas airport. Does any one in Saint George have a garage for the CRF for two/three weeks while I am away?
    (Ride report: https://advrider.com/f/threads/cross-country-crf230l.1371217/ )
    Super grateful!
    -JHT
  2. ridewestKTM

ridewestKTM Long timer

Oddometer:
    In mesquite. I have room in a storage unit. Pm me if you want. I might be able to help with trans.
  3. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Ez, there is a wildfire burning in the Beaver area right now. See https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/map/6402/1/92345
    EZ300 likes this.
  4. rides2little

Oddometer:
    HERE is the MVUM in PDF for the north side of Hwy 6 at Soldier Summit. No need to stop at a Ranger Station. On the Provo you will be elbow to elbow with other fisher-people this next week. Some of the smaller creeks in the immediate area are still really good fly fishing. Diamond Fork, closer to the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon has some good camping in it, hot springs you can hike to and closer access to single track than Soldier Summit directly.
  5. rides2little

Oddometer:
    There isn't a lot of motorized single track right in close proximity to the U but there is Mueller Park Trail just north in Bountiful and the stuff mentioned previously (a couple pages back) up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It is going to be toasty in the evenings down in the valley and you might be better served to carve the canyons (Big, Little, Emigration and East Canyons, American Fork, etc) on the Wee as a quicker escape from the heat and less pain in the ass factor.
    wyosam likes this.
  6. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks much. Headed that way
  7. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3912.JPG
    Had good ride on monday on the great western trail in provo. riders beware the trail is narrow, see the bike? There is also a tree across the trail near the top.
    derblauereiter and Double Moo like this.
  8. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    eric.JPG
    The point of no return
    eric3.JPG

Same trail but the other rider.
  9. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you bring the V Farmington Canyon/Skyline Drive isn’t too far and is fun fire road stuff, likewise the dirtbike-friendly trails off the alpine loop are worth a visit.
    OnOff likes this.
  10. OnOff

OnOff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just drove truck up to the radar domes on Francis Peak off skyline yesterday. Pretty drive and would be more fun on a bike. Do NOT miss any turns as there are a LOT of places you will NOT be injured if you go off the road! LOL
    derblauereiter likes this.
  11. EZ300

EZ300 Just wanna ride my motorsickle

Oddometer:
    Yeah thanks,... I'll likely be solo so I'll stick to the Paiute Trail as I can access it right from our rental house.

Not much singletrack that I can see in the area but I'll see what I can find.
  12. rides2little

Oddometer:
    The other guy that was with me when we ran into you in CO a few years ago was just down in that area, not exactly sure which part though, and ran into snow still up high that stopped their plans. That was a week ago.
  13. EZ300

EZ300 Just wanna ride my motorsickle

Oddometer:
    No worries.
    Dirtbiking is not the purpose of this trip so we'll just do what we can and enjoy your beautiful state.
    rides2little likes this.
  14. OnOff

OnOff Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little less than a week ago up at the Francis Peak radar domes off skyline drive/Farmington Canyon. Snow almost melted except for a couple spots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    msteward and BCB1080 like this.
  15. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks a bunch to MSteward and Rides too little. Had a great trip. 6 straight days in the Soldier Summit area. A very nice mix of trails with varying degrees of difficulty. Great scenery! Mark spent a lot of time with us old farts, tour guiding, hanging out and even bringing up much needed supplies from Spanish Fork.....Great guys, great country, great camping and great riding....hard to beat!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
    rides2little and The Walrus like this.
  16. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3925.JPG

The said old farts.
    rides2little likes this.
  17. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
  18. AWDacious

AWDacious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys! I just moved to Logan from Colorado, and I'm looking for good people to ride with. If you happened to have any experience with WR450's, I'd also love to pick your brain. I have an 03 WR450, 08 KLR and 95 ST1100. I would consider myself an intermediate rider, but I did Black Bear Pass on the KLR and lived to tell about it, so judge me how you will.

Anyone nearby? Want to meet up before we get snowed in? When does the snow start sticking here? PM me for fastest response!
    derblauereiter likes this.
  19. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome to town! I’m in Salt Lake but will drop you a line if I plan any rides toward your neck of the woods. There are some nice dirt trails West of Bear lake off 89 that I quite like.
    Snow doesn’t typically stick in SLC valley until dec. 1st, you may not be as lucky in cache valley,
  20. BCB1080

BCB1080 Know what you don't Know

Oddometer:
    WR250R & 990 rider in SLC here. Would be down to ride but may have shifted focus for winter looks like my next day off the 40s will have set-in in the valley.