UTBDR - Camper/Trailer Parking?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by YKADV, Sep 10, 2019.

1. YKADV

YKADV n00b

Oddometer:
    We are looking for options to park our RV and trailer while we tackle the UTBDR.

Our research so far tells us that people use airports, hospitals, hotels (probably not RV'ing), however these are mostly for trucks not RVs. Also, we are hoping to find something relatively secure whilst not breaking the bank.

Any thoughts on security for a RV at the Moab airport?

RV storage so far does not appear to allow short-term (days) and is expensive.

Please point us toward an existing thread that handles this if we missed it, otherwise we look forward to your advice and local knowledge.

Also a shout out to any riders doing the UTBDR in the next week!

Thanks,
    YK
  2. ExodusRider

ExodusRider ExodusRider

Oddometer:
    How many days?
    If less than 10 days, maybe just get a campsite like at Horse Thief by Canyonland Nation Park.. think it's about $20 a day.. can get up to a week...usually a host there... relatively safe and clean..
  3. Dan Man

Dan Man ex-adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had luck parking my van at a KOA for a small fee. Not sure if there is one in Moab or not. Also, call the Moab airport. When I called them a couple years back it was an option for me to park there for free.
  4. Bullseye

Bullseye Mr. Bad Example Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are so many "Mom and Pop" family run RV Campgrounds and Storage yards in and around Moab, I would be surprised if you couldn't find some reasonable short-term storage if you call and ask. You might also try "Tent" space.