V-Strom Get Together East V

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by jonofchar, Dec 20, 2006.

1. jonofchar

jonofchar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guess it's time to put up a little info about the East Coast gathering. Asked RJ to make me up a nice web site like his, but he declined. :(: Since nobody has come forth and volunteered to be this years ring leader, guess I'm stuck with it.

When: 17-20 May, 2007

Where: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah, NC

GPS Coordinates: N35 23.358 W83 40.665

They are holding all rooms & cabins for us until the end of February, so make your reservations ASAP.

Their web site: http://www.ironhorsenc.com/
    [​IMG]
    I'll try and answer a few common questions:
    1. Folks will be arriving mostly on Thursday (17th) & Friday (18th). Most will depart Sunday morning.
    2. If camping, no reservations are required. I would ask that you post your intentions in this thread so we can get a fair count for meals.
    3. Wifes, girlfriends & kids welcome. Although there isn't a lot for them to do if not riding.
    4. All bikes are welcome, even Harley's. :D
    5. Most group rides will be on Friday & Saturday.
    6. Breakfast & Dinners are served at Ironhorse (good stuff). Lunch your on your own unless prior arrangements are made.
    7. Dry county, so bring your own if so inclined. Ice & coolers available for a small fee.
    8. Coffee is available around 7AM. Iced Tea & coffee in the evenings after dinner.
    9. Kickstands up around 9AM for Friday & Saturday rides.
    10. There are other motels & campgrounds in the area if you procrastinate too long.
    11. I am not planing any tech sessions, must ride, not work. I will have my Yosh Box with for evening tuning sessions on Thu - Sat.
    12. Garry promises no rain. So you know who to go after if it does.

Hope to see you all there. I'll post some other motel info later.
  2. Topdog

Topdog baw chica baw waw!!

Oddometer:
    in!:clap
  3. repeters

repeters Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if we could have an Alaska night on Friday from 9-10? I know that several V-Stroms went to Alaska/Prudhoe Bay and it would be fun to share our experiences on the Haul Road. We could use the projector at the Ironhorse.

We could divide the time among those who have an interest in sharing their pictures. (For example, if there were 4 people everyone would have 15 minutes ... if there were 6 everyone would have 10 minutes) It all depends on the amount of interest and whether it's possible to fit this into the agenda.

Talked with Roy B and he thought it was a good idea. Not sure how the agenda gets planned, but I would be willing to coordinate this if others think its a good idea, too.

Dick Peterson
    05 V-Strom 650
  4. jonofchar

jonofchar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Dick,

There really is no agenda after the rides. If you want to do it, then it's all yours & I'll plan on it. There will be a couple regulars there that have done Alaska also. Ride report: http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=102483398550

John
  5. repeters

repeters Adventurer

Oddometer:
    =======================================================
    John,

Bill Clelland's report was among the first I read. Perhaps he could start it off. Everyone is welcome to participate. I talked with several people last year who gave me good advice. I know that several others are planning to go to Alaska during the Summer 2007, so hopefully there will be enough interest to make it work.

This is an open invitation to ask those who would like to participate to please contact me and I'll do my best to coordinate it. If you know of people who might be interested please contact them ... I don't want to leave anyone out. I went to the Horizons Unlimited meeting a couple of years ago and they had several presentations/ride reports each night. Perhaps we could use a similar format.

Also, if anyone has any ideas ... please post them. I would also want to make sure that others think that this is a good idea. Feedback/ideas are encouraged ...

Thanks,

Dick
    05 V-Strom 650
  6. RoyB

RoyB Dartmouth, Massacusetts

Oddometer:
    I'm in! I'm going to try and get my Alaska riding partner, "Bob Ain't Stopp'n" to come down also (he now has a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100)

I'd love to have "15 minutes of fame" to share the Alaska trip.....

I'll try to bring some dead exotic animal meat to eat.........We had Caribou the last time. I think we will be looking at Elk this time. We'll see.....

John, are you preparing your specialty again?

(I'll be camping)

Can't wait, it'll be a blast!
  7. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    why oh why, the same weekend as hot springs.!!! :cry
  8. Garry

Garry Bleeds Orange...

Oddometer:
    And the same weekend/same area as the Sport-Touring.Net Eastern rally in Sparta, NC.
  9. RoyB

RoyB Dartmouth, Massacusetts

Oddometer:
    No problem............Do all three!
  10. GeoBiker

GeoBiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What's really cool is that the Vstrom will fit right in at any of them! :D
  11. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap E-Tarded

Oddometer:
    I've been fretting over this. I'll definitely be up there that weekend, just gotta figure out how much of the respective rallies I can take in.
  12. patracy

patracy Broken...

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, noted in the Doctors schedule.
  13. delta21

delta21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1, This get together should be pushed foward or back a week or two, the ADV rendezvous is set in stone, same time every year and it is one of the core ADV events. Smaller events should try to work around the larger ones.
    Just sayin.
  14. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap E-Tarded

Oddometer:
    Make that a +2. I had a good time at the V-Strom gathering last year and made some good friends, but this year it's gonna be Hot Springs if I have to choose between the competing events.
  15. jonofchar

jonofchar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is basically the same weekend it was last year and probably always will be. Dates where set last May and must stay. It does not matter what weekend it's on, as there is always something else going on as well.
  16. Ken Ackerson

Ken Ackerson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be there celebrating my 1st anniversary with Elia!

Ken A.
  17. jonofchar

jonofchar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you need cabin reservations, get them before the end of February!
  18. jonofchar

jonofchar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Roy, I missed this post. I'll take a poll over on the VSRI to see if anyone whats me to haul 40 lbs of shrimp!
  19. Marz

Marz n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't care which weekend we do this, I'm in.
  20. Vstromdek

Vstromdek Vstromdek

Oddometer:
    I Definitely had a GREAT time last year; what wonderful folks. Hope to see everyone there.

Mark

markdek@comcast.net

05, blue DL650 w/ 30,000 miles; and, no valve check yet! crap!
    <!-- / message -->