Va / Dc / Md Bbq?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by storymitchell, Oct 17, 2003.

1. storymitchell

storymitchell Member of the proletariat

Oddometer:
    The autumn of my discontent (Hillsboro, VA)
    Saturday December 6th, starting at 3PM.

Lazy (and cheap) bastard that I am, it's going to be side dish potluck with a tinge of BYOAB. I'll supply the basics - hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, buns, condiments, soda pop, and cheap American beer. I'm gonna ask attendees to bring a side dish (cole slaw, etc) and your own alky bevs (if you feel you have to drink anything better than the Budweiser I'm going to supply). I have two kids ages 9 and 7, and I gather there will be several other children. I'll prolly set up the basement as a home theater and get a couple of flicks for kids so they've got something to do if the weather doesn't cooperate.

If'n you're in the DC area, you're welcome to attend w/ your family. Just post your interest here so when I send out directions a couple of weeks before hand I know to send directions to you.

Thanks!
  2. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This thread started when I was on my little road trip last month. Didn't see it till now. Looks like a swell time, Andy. Must check the calendar though . . .
  3. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Sorry dude- gotta be in Cali (jab in the ribs to the SFOTLC who hate when we call it "Cali") that weekend... Hoping to rent a bike and find out what the Rock Store is really like- Have fun guys... Hope it freakin' snows!!!
  4. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Keep me in the loop...

Barry
  5. Jarvis

Jarvis DC GSer

Oddometer:
    Sounds great. Keep me in the loop too . . .
  6. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    I'm going to jump in on this thread, as I might venture up that weekend, and crash the BBQ!
    EAP, maybe SWMBO and I can visit you guys that weekend, and go to this!? Of course we wouldn't be on the GS, don't guess that wuld matter this time of year.

Mitchell, did you folks make it to Seneca Rocks on 11/2? I hadn't seen that tread till today. I rode up to a late lunch at Seneca Rocks that day, with a couple of other riding budds. We got there around 2, ate on the deck up over the old store. Lots of cruzers there, and a few Beemers. It was a 400 mile ride day for me, long, but every mile a blast!
    Hank Pfister
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    Copper Hill, VA
    1998 R1100GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 2002 KLR 650

7. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    You're more than welcome to attend! I live in a very small house (1200 sq feet), but I'm sure we can squeeze everybody in!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28055
  8. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    Zounds like a plan big Bro' come on up - I'm still bum F@@cked up from my shoulder surgery... should be much better by then but recovery is G@dD@m slow going... - Will have to check with my daughters schedule though, she is in a play at school around that time...
  9. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    December 6th is next Saturday! Everybody still up for a BBQ? For those of you that are still interested, please let me know so I can put together a Price Club shopping list! Weather.com is calling for low of 30 and high of 49 on Saturday, so driving here might be a better choice. Oh, and if you plan to attend let me know how many in your party and if there are any kids.

Thanks!
  10. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Drive? :scratch

I intended to tell you Saturday--I won't be able to make it. My brother is getting engaged and there will be a party of sorts.
  11. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    I'm out. I'm supposed to close on my house on Dec. 5, and that means LOTS of stuff to do on Dec.6.

So - you guys have fun without me.

Barry
  12. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    As I indicated previously, that is the same day as the office Christmas party. No can do.
  13. eap

Oddometer:
    StoryM - We haven't met yet but I'm still planning on riding over and would need directions, time etc...Just me no wife or kid coming and my big Bro Pfestus won't likely make it up from Roanoke. So I'll stay tuned to see what comes off. I'll will have to get back to see my daughter in a school play in the evening.
  14. RJK

RJK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm working that day. Have fun!!!:freaky :freaky Ji
  15. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    I PMed the address to you.
  16. Jarvis

Jarvis DC GSer

Oddometer:
    I'm in for it -- but for the Weather. The Weather Channel gods aren't happy for Saturday. What's the plan?
  17. eap

Oddometer:
    Tentative - if roads are clear, I'll be on the bike, otherwise I'll cage over - I'm planning to get there around 3pm unless StoryMitch wants to bump it up - what's the latest story, Story - is it just me and Jarvis coming to track mud in your house? :):):
  18. PaulS

PaulS Österreicher

Oddometer:
    I'll try to come over, I'm at work tomorrow but I should be done by about 3 pm.
    Hey Story, can you PM me directions.

Thanks
  19. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    Hell, I'm up for it if you guys are, but the weather forecast is:

Saturday: Periods of snow and windy. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the low 30s. Winds N at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

Do we try for tomorrow, or do we reschedule for a day when it isn't snowing?
  20. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    And CapoPaul.

Again, I'm up for it, but if the snow trends towards the upper side of the forecast, even getting into my driveway will require a 4x4.

Just let me know, guys, if you want to try to swing by and grill burgers in the snowstorm!