Vancouver ADVRider meeting?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Medic Maik, Jun 22, 2009.

1. SonHomme

SonHomme Team F5,⌘R FYCYFF

Oddometer:
    Just got my license and a bike but I have never been on dirt. I am scared and need someone to teach me please. I'm in maple ridge.
    I wanna have fun too :cry
    Thank you
  2. Sideways17

Sideways17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My dirt experience is limited to about 5 hours total, I'm practically useless in the dirt.

What kind of bike do you have?
  3. SonHomme

Oddometer:
    2004 Dakar
  4. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    Great ride up Brohm Ridge, today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Katui

Katui Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any plans for the next Meet Up? If I'm free i'd be happy to come.
  6. SonHomme

Oddometer:
    +1
  7. Katui

Katui Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still Nada?.?.? Id love to host it but as a broke student living in a rented house with no furniture that won't work terribly well.
  8. angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy i wanna ride!

Oddometer:
    id like to get in on these rides...big dualsport but lots of experience here... I like long rides mixing highway and fsr....anybody out there into that?
  9. Canada Mike

Canada Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Always up for a good ride...But I have the Really BIG dual sport. I would consider the FSR pictures above, a little out of my league.:D
  10. angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy i wanna ride!

Oddometer:
    fridays are my days to ride....anybody up for this friday? Open for suggestions.
  11. Canada Mike

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately have to Work...

But Saturday maybe....?

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>10/16/2010 - 10/16/2010</TD></TR><TR><TD height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Wow! This is our 15th year for this great event! Find that special part or great set of riding gear you need. We always have a big turnout this is the perfect place to sell and buy all brands and all kinds of apparel.
    You can check in items for parts swap "consignment" starting Tuesday - Saturday , but the sooner the better.
    The swap is the 16th of October and will begin at 9:00am
    We will be in Saturday morning by 8:30am to accept any remaining check-in items (which usually continues until around 10:30am). The seller determines the price and our commission is 20% of the total selling price (excluding tax). Checks are cut for sold items within 7 business days of the event. We can try to give you an idea of what something might be worth, but ultimately it is up to you on how much you will take for it. We will not negotiate on your behalf once the event begins. People are looking for a deal, so price it to move. If it's a more unique item that is either not for a BMW (like Harley exhaust pipes or a Suzuki windscreen), eBay can sometimes be a better option to get that targeted audience. Either way, if it doesn't sell, you owe nothing so it's worth a shot. Bring it! Click Here to check out a video about our Parts & Apparel Swap

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  12. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's the weather doing Saturday???
  13. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
  14. Canada Mike

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm...I just clicked on your ride report and realized I had run into you at Pac BMW just before you left on your trip. I think you were getting your tires changed or something...Or maybe that was your partner? I was just going to head out on my alaska trip and we had a breif conversation on the Spot Tracker which I used on my trip as well.

Great ride report, looks like you both really enjoyed it. Where next?

Will you be heading out to the wack for the dual sport ride?

Cheers
  15. soph9

Oddometer:
    yeah I remember you...I am going on Sunday and hope my partner is going too. Our trip was awesome and next year is going to be longer and different. We are heading up Vancouver Island to Port Hardy, then Prince Rupert to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Prudhoe Bay, Inuvik, and back through Whitehorse to Dawson Creek and back to the coast....Looking foward to riding the top of the World and Dempster as well as hitting the Arctic Circle.

Will you be going to the DS ride on Sunday?
  16. Canada Mike

Oddometer:
    Very Tempting...I still think I may be heading south for some deals though....Sunday eh..Did you go last year? If so how were the trails?
    If I bail on heading south I may just join you on Sunday.
  17. soph9

Oddometer:
    I didn't have my bike at this time last year....missed the Spring ride but Sheldon from PAC BMW took my out on the C trail is other than being really wet it was good...I am curious to see how I view this trail/road now that we have been off road quite a lot since that ride last March.
  18. Canada Mike

Oddometer:

Got all winter to buy shit...I'm in!:D
  19. Katui

Katui Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So long as you leave around 10:30am or later Id certainly be down. Have class until 10am in Fridays. On a DRZ, minimal experience(maybe 5-6 hours off road up near Squamish and around Greater Victoria) but lots of mountain biking experience to draw from and willing to try just about anything. PM me if your interested(goes for anyone else this Friday as well).
  20. Oz.

Oz. n00b

Oddometer:
    I am in

I work 9-5.....minutes every day, so I am pretty much open