Vancouver ADVRider meeting?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Medic Maik, Jun 22, 2009.

1. angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy i wanna ride!

Oddometer:
    so this friday...anybody in? suggestions?
  2. Katui

Katui Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Katui

Katui Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also, im sure all you guy know the area better then I so if you have suggestions then voice them. Iv only lived in Vancouver with a bike for a little over a month now. Hence the use of Satellite Imagery and Street View trying to find good roads to ride.
  4. Dirtybill

Dirtybill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Getting back into dual sporting after a couple of years hiatus...........bones and ligaments healing up:D

Can't get it on the road yet but just bought an xr250l for cheap, have a trailer that would hold 4 bikes at the most and a good place to stay multiple days or weeks in the Simillkameen. Depending what happens this winter, I could be selling one of my street bikes to get another DP bike. btw, say Hi to Sheldon. Have done a fair amount of riding with him.
  5. Sideways17

Sideways17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, I finally bought a home!

I'd like to host an ADV Meet, it's been too long.

I was thinking Saturday evening, November 27th if thats alright with everybody, but I'm very flexible. Probably about 6pm? I have a 2 car driveway and plenty of parking on the street.

Address is 6852 193rd St., Unit#63 in Slurrey. I'm hoping to show off some pictures and stories of me riding in Tasmania, and local trips around the province perhaps. If anyone else is interested in sharing or anything, just let me know.

BYOB and if you have more than 2, I WILL take your keys away from you. As for food, Potluck style would be cool, but I'd be happy to make some burgers or something along those lines.

Brad
  6. Katui

Katui Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Assuming im free(I can't say that far ahead of time) then I would love to. And congrats on your new home!
  7. the kaz

the kaz has become "FERAL"

Oddometer:
    I will be there with chips and PicoDeGallo :D
  8. phammer

phammer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good - I will be there too!

Phyl.
  9. SonHomme

SonHomme Team F5,⌘R FYCYFF

Oddometer:
    I'll do my best to make it too :)
  10. Canada Mike

Canada Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congats on the new house!
    I'll let you know a little closer to the date, going to confirm with the better half But yeh great time to buy.

Cheers
    Mike

11. the kaz

the kaz has become "FERAL"

Oddometer:
    Ok so obviusly to much school on the brain cuase you should have da linky to dis heer http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633962
  12. navi

navi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ran into the old thread and wondered what happened to the gatherings ?
  13. canucksurfdog

canucksurfdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    we've had some good ,well attended meetings in the past and some not so well attended . same effort tends to go into both .a ride in the rain is ok ...downpours suck but the diehards still get out and have fun. allright...i'll throw a date out there....saturday apr 28th ride and a potluck. i can host . i'm in the valley so a cultus/harrison/mission run would be most convenient . the area offers both on and off road possibilities with and end destination. open to any ideas. anyone want to share some great stories or videos of epic rides they have done ? any techies want to wow everyone with some back on the bike maintenance tips? let's hear some feedback.
  14. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    the BC Dual Sport ride last month in your neck of the woods was great!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvTpK8aNJiI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

Even snow and a dump

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qCGvCUq9m-I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
  15. canucksurfdog

canucksurfdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    bump . nobody up for a ride this weekend ? valley ride and lunch at harrison ? nice and easy to start the season.
  16. OneWheelDrive

OneWheelDrive Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might be game, what did you have in mind out that way. We're tied up Saturday and Sunday evening mind.
  17. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    ahhhh you are in town eh?
  18. canucksurfdog

canucksurfdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    something like ...start in abbotsford (early if necessary) going thru the back country roads to cultus lake long loop then back country to agassiz/harrison hot springs for lunch ..back hwy 7 thru to mission back to abby and along the river for a bit ? really open to any suggestions. just itchin' to ride.
  19. Northern Rob

Northern Rob Con Brio!

Oddometer:
    Hey, if any of you guys are still around and need a hit of adventure riding stories in this rain, my good buddy Phil Freeman (founder of Motoquest Tours) is down from Alaska giving a talk on adventure riding, how to prep your bike, what to bring and stories of touring Alaska and other parts of the world.He also co-author of the book The Adventurous Motorcyclist’s Guide to Alaska.

He's the real deal. I rode Iceland, Alaska, Yukon and NWT with him. He's ridden most of the planet. He will also chat about Africa, South America, India, Vietnam, Europe, Japan etc if you want him to.

Phil will be talking at 6 pm Thurs Oct 29th at Pacific Motorsports 21000 Westminster Hwy, Richmond 604-276-2552. Its free obviously.

The bike shop did a crap job of getting the word out on the event, so if you need a hit of bike talk, come on by and shoot the shit with some like-minded local riders.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    Canada Mike likes this.
  20. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I attended his presentation and really enjoyed it. Seems like a great guy with a wealth of experience