Vancouver - Anchorage

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by LKYPHL, Oct 19, 2004.

1. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Hey Gusgus
    we will have to meet sometime Iam in Wasilla on KGB road I run my shop here Abbey auto let me know.
    Mike
  2. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Very good

I always wonder about these things. But your name is spot on. My GuS is silver. Mandarin is much safer for the old Blue Haired Cady drivers to see through the cateracts. :lol3

Be safe on your "ride to the future" this coming summer. We will wait right here for you. If that is OK with you?:smoke

Gusgus

3. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Hi Friar,
    Yes is would be good to meet another motor head.
    I have seen your place as I ride past. I couldn't tell you exactly where you are but it couldn't be that tough, could it?

Isn't it funny how we have been neighbors and this web site introduces us. Funny.
    It could be worse I guess.

Is your business fixin vehicles? Mine is fixin flying vehicles. Same kind of thing , just a bit different.

Have a wonderful Turkey day

Gusgus

4. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    Nice to see another valley guy jump in here. We like to get a ride in whenever we can pry the Friar away from the harsh demands of his occupation-I'd like to get a good group day ride to Petersville this summer, we also like the Pass, and sometimes we get an uncontrollable jones for a shrimp and halibut basket in Whittier.
    I'm in Wasilla too, not far from the Wally World, maybe you've seen the blue Pegaso? Watch for us this summer. :freaky
  5. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Hi KL5A

I would love to do a Petersville ride. I do it on the sno-go every now and then. I have never been to Petersville by motorcycle. Been riding road bikes for the last few years. Rented a KLR650 and did the Denali, last summer. What a kick, I had forgotten how much fun dirt was. had to get a dual sport. The rest is, as they say "the poor house".
    Didn't we ride "loosely" from Anc one day a couple of summers ago? I was either on a BMW K75s black or a bright yellow BMW K100LT. I seem to remember a blue Pegaso.

Haven't done the Whittier trip either. Sounds intriguing, lets ride.

Gusgus
  6. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    Count me in for both Petersvill and Whittier, I'd love to ride with some "Valley Trash". Bear
  7. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Being the invited one for the ride, makes me not the ride boss, yet I would love to see you with us.
    Well, Bear I have begun the seat swap with a man in New Jersey. It looks like we both have the same agenda. Which would be to make double damn sure "he gets everything he needs". Meaning each of us will insure the other guy is happy. A great beginning, in my opinion.
    We have the initial parts list from the Adventure to the GS but not the reversed list. The man has the '04 BMW parts CD and is doing the research right now. It should be a smooth transfer. He also has an Adventure Parts site so I am taking the oportunity to acquire a couple of needed items. Thanks for the information about the seat parts list.
    Gusgus

TURKEY DAY is upon us. Happiness is my wish for you.

8. friar mike

Oddometer:
    Hey Gusgus
    I do get some cars in here that fly thats is low to the ground the cops just love me:nod yep funny how the web works sometimes. drop in on your next fly by. Have a nice thanksgivin you to KL5A. :thumb valley trash sends its best AK bear:lol3
  9. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    I begin every day with a non-flyable aircraft, so they are the same jobs. We both,,, make em fly. Except the cops don't stop my guys. They are above that! HA!
    I would love to stop by. When are you able to accept valley guys in the humble shop area?
    Do I get to see the scared wrench? Seen some f&^%$N :ace wrenches, but never an exhalted one. Actually I have named some of my wrenches. There are names which aren't really publishable, yet have a certian ring when thrown out there. My favorite named tools are my hammers! They have big names like MA and Buster. :bash
    Thanks for the invite Mike
    Gusgus

10. friar mike

Oddometer:
    Hmm
    it sounds like all mech have the same attiude about there work and if you don't you just haven't been playin the game lonnnnnnnnng enuff yet:loco:bash Iam here 9:00 to 5:00 then I make the long drive home ( about 200 feet) then a wee dram of scotch maybe abit more for those finer days under a car :boidbut you know how that gos. do you work at your own shop?
  11. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    No, been there, done that and still have all the psycological scars.

Now I am a slave for the Army. A civilian contractor. On UC-35A's and C-12's (Cessna Citations [jets] and Beechcraft King Air's[turbo prop])

12. KL5A

Oddometer:

My wrenches ring when I throw them too. What a coincidence! :lol3
  13. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    I have found when I throw them hard enough, I can't hear the sound. But maybe that has some direct relationship to working out doors? NAH. It is just that science stuff.

14. friar mike

Oddometer:
    My snap-on has a nicer sound then my proto or my craftmans do.
  15. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Tough to beat a good snapy tool. The Craftsman, Proto, and Mac just don't have the feel, or ability of my Snap-on's. Gotta love em.

16. KL5A

Oddometer:
    Must be the distance involved. Usually you can't hear the ring if you throw them more than 100 yards or so, and by the time you walk over and collect it, you generally feel better. The blood is still oozing, but the anger is mostly gone. Until you put the wrench to the metal again. Then, you remember.....
    :lol3
  17. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last July my buddy rode from here in Vancouver to Prudhoe Bay and back, on his Norton Commando. He said it was a nice ride. He camped the whole way, except at the Arctic Ocean, where he said [and he's got pictures] it was too bloody cold. It rained on the way back, the front wheel got gumboed up and jambed, and he ended up breaking his ankle. He made it back, then next weekend rode to Calgary.
    He's a bit of a tough bugger!
    Ciao, Steve G.
  18. friar mike

Oddometer:
    To prudhoe on a Norton:huh that takes bigger balls then riding a Harley up there without a truck fallowing. I can't imagine it making it with out many brake downs I know Lucas prince of darkness:eek1:lol3:eek1
  19. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    Funny you should mention that. Last year when I rode home, every harley I saw except one had a chase car, and that one was broken down.
  20. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

QUESTION??? Would you ride your Harley to Prudhoe?
    No, but I'd ride yours.. :rofl :rofl