Vancouver International Bike Show

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Steve G., Jan 24, 2006.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jan. 26'27'28'29th. I'll be there Jan 27th [Friday], manning the British Bike Club/Classic Bike Club booth from 4-6 pm.
    It's being held at the Abbotsford Tradex Centre, which is on the main grounds of Abbotsford International Airport. Abbotsford is about 30 miles east of Vancouver, and the airport is about half way between the U.S. border crossings of Lynden/Aldergrove and Sumas/Abbotsford. Anyone need directions just post here and I'll get you there no problem.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  2. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I can't make that one of course, but pictures for those of us who are
    dealership/bike show deprived would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.:clap

Oh, and I'll toss in this picture of an old British bike that's kickin' around the garage.

[​IMG]
  3. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    goin' friday am, this beats the hell out of the seattle show, free parking,

for the yanks, cross at aldergrove take the first right, stay on it til ya see the airport.
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll try and get pictures Ron. I'm not real hot with the 'pooter, and i'll have to borrow a digital camera from a buddy.
    Highway you're right, cross at Aldergrove [bring your ID] and turn east
    at 8th avenue, which turns into Huntington Rd. when you cross into Abbotsford municipality. There is a newer south entrance to the airport to allow for the upgraded flight centre.
    I've had my Commando on display there for years, but took a break. My brother's '72 Combat is there, dark blue roadster, fastest Commando in B.C. Needs Avgas to run, huge compression, you might say it's a very limited life engine. Extremely clean machine.
    Nice BSA there Ron, that looks like a very late [71?] oil in frame A65 Firebird? A local buddy here has a '66, punched our to 940cc, which he used for 21 yrs as a dispatch rider in London, before coming back to Vancouver. A real torque monster, with all the SRM mods.
    Ciao, Steve G.​
  5. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Don't go to a whole lot of trouble for pictures. Just thought if you had a camera there anyway...

The BSA is a '72 Lightning, dead stock, other than some extra chrome(was like that when I got it in boxes), and a Boyer digital ignition box.

It's had the engine rebuilt professionally, and has new out of the box
    Amal carbs. Someday, I'll actually take it for a ride.

I just found out I can insure it cheap here, if I buy "classic bike" insurance.
  6. paulmondor

paulmondor Iceman

Oddometer:
    Hi Ron!
    I might be going on Saturday.. Me and several others are planning to ride across he pond to the show.. I will take my D camera with me amnd will take plenty of them..

Will post them for you and others and send you a CD ok?

Cheers mon ami!:D
  7. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Paul. I don't get to see many of the new offerings, unless I go to Winnipeg or Thunder Bay, and actually make time for a look around.

I sat on the new Kawi 650R (Ninja) on my last trip, and fell in love
    with the thing!

Maybe it's good that I don't get to see bikes that often....
  8. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear you about the insurance. I've got 3 bikes with collector plates. Makes for an inexpensive bike to insure through the winter, should a nice day happen.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  9. Northern Rob

Northern Rob Con Brio!

Oddometer:
    Just went thurs night. Interesting; Yamaha FJR with F1 type paddle shifter and the Chinese bikes are are on offer - cheap!
  10. HighwayChile

Oddometer:
    yeah lots of CN bikes.
    the Rothman Honda dakar bike was the highlight for me. Like a moron I forgot my camera. :cry
    the CRF250 Rally bike Bejing-ulong-bator was cool too. sign said " not much maintenince on race..."

the classic bike corral seems smaller, however well placed next to the bar.

The Uly looked well made, first time I have seen one.
    HP2 nice, if I thought I could sneak it out.....

DRZ250 had splatter from welds on the frame something I would expect from a chinese clone......

too many pimp butt jewelry choppers.

lots of learn to ride your new ass candy bike booths

not many deals for a poor semi yank, our $ is shit.
    saw a shoei full face I bought at closeout for $62 down south, for $599 ca show special,
    I'm priced out of there , but its a fun show
  11. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah you're right, not many deals on acessories. I'm intrigued by the Kendon bike lift though. The price is better in CDN in Canada than US in the USA, from what I remember at the Seattle show.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  12. HighwayChile

Oddometer:
    i bought one from them 4 yrs ago. good folks.:1drink
  13. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap I'm workin the show today and leaving in a few minutes. I'll take the digital with me, get in early and get some shots of the above.

The Ducati retro 1000 Classic Sport is about the only bike that did it for me this year. You know how you can walk thru a sea of bikes and then just one jumps out at you??? Went to the Duc booth 4 times to look at it:D I've allways like the Triumph Thruxton but imo, it needs more horsepower for what you're paying. Something tells me that the dealers are ready to move on price on the Thruxtons. Would be nice to get rid of my sport bike and get the Duc or Triumph.

Didn't you guys check out the DualsportBC booth? Sheldon's done up Touratech BMW 650 is there. I think the only thing that's left on it that is BMW is the engine and that's a Rotax:rofl Holds 58 litres of fuel, premium wheels, suspension yada yada.

Our club has a "Private" 5th wheel outside for hors deurves (sp:rofl ) and "refreshments". Stop by the booth today and we'll go back for a "refreshment!:clap
  14. HighwayChile

Oddometer:
    Damn Fred, missed that one this yr.

seems every yr one bike jumps out, for me its that Rothmans at the honda booth. yes the classic Duc's were cool, a waste on me as would the 950SM at the ktm booth. damn nice bike. no ktm950 enduro, bugger.

Good deal on MSR dual sport boots just to the left of the main enterance $150,

I did stop by the Dualsportbc booth and bought a raffle ticket,

That BMW GS was preety cool, thats one big tank.
  15. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    see you guys tomorrow in the morning.