VENTURING SOUTH on DRZ's

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Romanousky, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Romanouski, great videos! The rains are here so I might just get through this ride report.

Question: the first video on this page, who is the band/song that you have on that? It's great!
  2. Romanousky

Romanousky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Zuber....the song is "I got a name" by Jim Croce....keep'in it classic

8Lives - I still have to meet up with you sometime for a ride. I'm actually passing through tomorrow on my way to the B1K but I have a 12 hour drive to San Diego so no stops this time. Good to see you are still around as well
  3. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    Have a good trip to San Diego,enjoy!
  4. Gordon

Gordon MC Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing..... :clap:clap
  5. Trip Hammer

Trip Hammer It's not the years, it's the mileage Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some great footage there, Romanousky!! This is by far one of my favorite RR's. It brightens my work day when I see it come to the top of the RR page:clap The scenery is awesome, but a two minute dynamite explosion montage would be cool too:rofl Was the one in the vineyard a dud or was it just too dark?:lol3 Seriously though, thanks for the video bump.:clap:clap
  6. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    No, the other video. It sound like a Brazilian song.
  7. Romanousky

Oddometer:
    I can't recall. It is by rusted roots but the title escapes me at the moment.
  8. Romanousky

Oddometer:
    Ha! Haven't heard from the Capt'n in a while....:D

The vineyard one was not a dud but Lalo (Ed) stood there filming and yammering on about it for 30 seconds after I lit the fuse and i finally was like "dude, we gotta get the hell away from that thing" while we were running it went off and didn't get it on film :cry

I'll work on an adv boom video.
  9. Trip Hammer

Oddometer:
    Lol!!:rofl. That's classic! Thanks for keeping this report alive man. :1drink it never gets old as far as I'm concerned. You guys are just hilarious:rofl
  10. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    A little slow but I just figuired out what the B1K is,have fun!
  11. johnsonal

johnsonal avenger of all evil

Oddometer:
    Did you not take your computer? Did you at least take the spot? See you Saturday if you aren't rotting in the desert somewhere...
  12. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just spent a portion of my day off watching those last two videos. Time well spent...Well Done, Romanousky!!! Thanks Zoob for posting that link on the Flat Tail meetup thread. Dave
  13. harrisbquinn

harrisbquinn n00b

Oddometer:
    Just spent two days reading this on and off. Very cool story. You should rename it "How To Drink Your Way Around the Western Hemisphere".
    Totally jealous.
  14. Romanousky

Oddometer:
    Thank you DD! Do you frequent the Corvallis Nights?

I'm off in two weeks to fly over to Vietnam and do a training session on "How To Drink Around a Rice Paddie". I'll post some videos when I get back for those of you who need some schooling. :freaky
  15. Trip Hammer

Oddometer:
    I'm off in two weeks to fly over to Vietnam and do a training session on "How To Drink Around a Rice Paddie". I'll post some videos when I get back for those of you who need some schooling. :freaky[/QUOTE]

That's great news for us fans of your previous adventurers, Romanousky! However, you should consider that you've set the bar fairly high with "Venturing South", so there's considerable pressure on you to craft an equally hilarious and enthralling RR on your Vietnam trip, so....uh....no pressure:freaky Tell us a bit more ... this is a shakedown trip? Recon for a later visit? Solo?
  16. Champe

Champe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    great report ! Am only about half through reading but already got a good education. Wicked cool, as we say here in the frozen North.

Noticed an invitation from a Nova Scotia resident. I am next to Laconia NH and hereby invite any long distance riders to camp free and use the facilities at my place during bike week. Most other times I will have a spare bed available.

Happy trails !
  17. Romanousky

Oddometer:
    I know the bar is pretty high but I feel that I will fall right back into the groove once I get on the airplane.

So I'm saving for an RTW trip but I need a break from work. It is next to impossible to import a bike into Vietnam so I figured I'd check it off my list now than dealing with that situation at a future date. It is also a very cheap country and about 10 years ago I was in Thailand for a stint and really loved SEA (except I went to jail for a day). That is basically how this came about.

Solo? Fuck no! I called up Al to see if he was on board a couple months ago and said he would but had no money. So I bought his ticket, got him a visa, and we'll be jammin like 'ol times soon. He lives about 4 hour drive from me so we planned a get together to study some maps and pick some locations to visit but all we did was drink a bottle of Jameson and accomplished virtually nothing.

We fly into Hanoi airport at 2:00 in the morning, grab a cab 30 miles, get some drinks, get some shut eye, and then have to go buy some motorcycles the next day....it should be pretty interesting. Total of 5 weeks...I may do a continuation of this RR even though it has nothing to do with Latin America.

Thanks for the post Champe....enjoy the rest of the story:lol3
  18. Trip Hammer

Oddometer:
    Solo? Fuck no! I called up Al to see if he was on board a couple months ago and said he would but had no money. So I bought his ticket, got him a visa, and we'll be jammin like 'ol times soon. He lives about 4 hour drive from me so we planned a get together to study some maps and pick some locations to visit but all we did was drink a bottle of Jameson and accomplished virtually nothing.
    :lol3[/QUOTE]

That just made my slow day at work merrier dude!!:rofl Stoked you guys are getting back out in the world! Keep yourselves out of jail in 'Nam, but feel free to share the circumstances of your previous incarceration!:D:clap Thanks for bringin' us along, Romanousky:freaky
  19. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm still taggin along too. This sounds freaking great!
  20. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    I am in for this ... again.... ! Wonder how many Dong your bikes will cost ? :freaky