Versys 300x adventure build

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by michaelkozera, Dec 27, 2017.

1. michaelkozera

michaelkozera Long timer

Oddometer:
    i should also mention she has only ever ridden a crf150 off road, and briefly, maybe 30-40hrs. so her off-road abilities are novice at best.

she wants to get into the adventure segment but does not want to go to hospital over it. hence this build.

like yes, she almost bought a xt250 strictly because it is one of the lightest dual sports u can buy new. but she wants a bike she can grow into. she plans on traveling the world on this bike, her life dream coming true.
    Tammy, Te Hopo and rrrnnn like this.
  2. Rebel13

Rebel13 The One & Only

Oddometer:
    My initial comment had nothing to do with a persons sex! My follow up comment is also not sexist when I specificly refer that the same goes for both sex's, because you guys want to make it about a women and her size. My statements where clear. Your posts refer that she cannot handle the bike because she is a woman is a sexist statement! Maybe a proper education in discrimination will set you straight!

I can handle my own just fine. When you are afraid of those speaking the truth that hurts your feelings because your logic is incorrect and instead of reasoning with the argument, you rather use blanter without a possible rebuttal and ignore the argument itself, you are simply soft. A.K.A. Snowflake

"when the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
  3. Samtech79

Samtech79 Two wheeled lunatic

Oddometer:
    Hahahaa... What a tool.
    Dude, YOU are the one painting this narrative. It's all you and you got called out for it. You reap what you sew. Now go talk some more shit but do it some place else. Take that extra tall horse for a walk.
    rrrnnn likes this.
  4. Rebel13

Rebel13 The One & Only

Oddometer:
    You do realize I have produced a legitimate argument and you, yourself refuse to rebuttal it. That makes YOU the tool or troll!
  5. Lesharoturbo

Lesharoturbo Nerdly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wasn't this thread about adventuring a V300X? Isn't that a personal decision about weight reduction and addition along with where it is reduced or added? Isn't farkling an expression of one person's idea of the perfect bike for them?

If so, then shut up and let the OP get back to farkling!
  6. OHjim

OHjim Long timer

Oddometer:
    So - you're telling us you lost the debate because you've resorted to slandering us by calling us soft snowflakes? Thanks! Maybe you'll go away now - back to JoMamma where you're whining about us not agreeing with you. 10th post and 5 of them are bashing MK's build. If his wife wants it purple are you going to bash that too because you don't agree with it?

You did not produce a legitimate argument. You merely stated your opinion. MK's wife's opinion is that she wants to try this bike and would like it lighter due to her comfort level. Jeez dude. Why do you have such a problem with that? :asshat Why do you need to force your opinion on them? Why did you even come to this thread?
    rrrnnn likes this.
  7. Rebel13

Rebel13 The One & Only

Oddometer:
    farkles - sparkles

I'm simply stating that reducing the possible weight which is minimal to begin with anyway is near pointless.

You would have better luck and results with the goals for her in a simple ride height reduction then you would over loosing 30lbs.
  8. Rebel13

Rebel13 The One & Only

Oddometer:
    It is not an opinion again, it is dynamics...

It is an opinion when you don't know what you are talking about, like you are now~
  9. Samtech79

Oddometer:
    Ill just leave this right here...
  10. Lesharoturbo

Oddometer:
    Opinion.

Fact: My max deadlift is 305 lbs, I can't do 335. With enough practice, maybe I can. 275, 30lbs lighter is no problem.

Your argument is invalid.
    rrrnnn likes this.
  11. Lesharoturbo

Oddometer:
    With the weight reduction accomplished so far, it seems like the dynamics are not changed. The weight reduction is not all in one place, but distributed fairly evenly according to the weight of the bike. For instance, more had been removed from the heavier front than from the lighter rear.

Go troll somewhere else
    rrrnnn and M.T. Hawk like this.
  12. OHjim

OHjim Long timer

Oddometer:

Well, since you have short term memory loss, I'll remind you that your first post here was all opinion. No mention whatsoever about dynamics. You told her to lose weight - opinion. You told MK he didn't add the weight, which he did. So it's your opinion or your reading comprehension is is on par with a 5 year old. You then told him to "upsize on the bike" - which is bad grammer, but lets go with it anyway - which is your opinion. No facts, no dynamics, just 100% opinion.
    Gert A and rrrnnn like this.
  13. 79thunder

79thunder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are we back to our regular scheduled programming now?

I had almost forgotten about that type of guy....There seems to be very few on this forum.

He came here with an agenda. period.

No constuctive critism. No alternative suggestions.

On a forum with hundreds of different brands of bikes, with thousands of different owners each and every one of them altering their motorcycles to suit
    his or her needs....
    and he's gotta walk into this one!!

MK,
    Are planning on just wrapping the exhuast near the foot peg?
    Have you given any thought to having the exhaust coated?
    Can I assume it is stainless steel?
    I'm just wondering if you or anyone else viewing this thread has any experience with motorcycle exhaust and ceramic coating.

I'm considering having my exhaust done, but I have no idea what the cost might be.
    I think the durability is quite good for automotive applications, but I'm not sure how it holds up to off road mud, water, rocks, etc..??
    Oyabun likes this.
  14. Royce Cochran

Royce Cochran was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Had mine ceramic coated. Works/looks great. I thought it was pretty cheap. Don't remember how much.... https://www.facebook.com/SPCoating/
    [​IMG]

self made coated mid pipe for new muffler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    79thunder likes this.
  15. michaelkozera

michaelkozera Long timer

Oddometer:

yes, the exhaust will be wrapped from the O2 sensor down past the footpeg.

never really thought about getting it coated.

the header is stainless up to the catalytic converter, which is steel.
    rrrnnn likes this.
  16. 79thunder

79thunder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2old2Bbold,
    Thanks, your pipes look great!
    My exhaust is currently new stainless and way to shiny.
    I was maybe thinking of going with a black or cast grey to tone it down a bit, but the silver looks good too.

Mk,
    Can you buy small amounts of header wrap or does it come in a package generally big enough to do automotive headers?
  17. OHjim

OHjim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just curious what rod you're using to weld the two together. I am assuming you are using TIG?
  18. Samtech79

Oddometer:
    Cerakote air cure is the best stuff I've found for heat insulation. It's better than their oven cure stuff.
    It WILL stink up your shop though. Smells like cat piss... really, really strong cat piss.
    It's flat so it's not as pretty as the send out ceramic coatings and it's not nearly as hard either but the heat reduction is amazing. I've touched my headers (by accident) right near the ports and not only did I not stick to the header, I didn't get burned.
    It's all function over form though. It's not the prettiest, the prep is rather involved and the smell...
  19. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Guys, it would really help out if you would report the trolls so I can zot them sooner.
  20. bhorocks

bhorocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dont be a dick.
    Gert A and rrrnnn like this.