Versys-X 300 Picture Thread ...

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by GsVs, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Hillary

Hillary Ms Hillary

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ken, Nope I don't remember seeing your post about the pickup and the ditch. Yes I do wish I had some riding buddies but having moved a lot, lasting buddies just never happened much to my chargrin oh well I'll survive :)
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Enthusiastic curmudgeon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hillary, I can't really "like" your news or situation, but I definitiely join with the others in my profound respect for your grit and my best wishes for your return.

Lets all be careful out there...

JP
  3. GS750T

GS750T GS750T

Oddometer:
    apologize, just saw your question. It's an old carabou case that has been on a Uly, KLX 250, police model hd, DL 1000 and now the x300.
    Aero3685 likes this.
  4. GS750T

GS750T GS750T

Oddometer:
    pic with side bags, also 15 years old. the side cases are pretty beat up, apparently I fall over alot.

Attached Files:

Aero3685 likes this.
  5. DuckWV

DuckWV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think your dog wanted his photo on the internet! :rofl
    Johnytuono, rwf, William42 and 3 others like this.
  6. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got the shinko 705s mounted.
    IMG_20200729_124311.jpg
    Inforoo likes this.
  7. Ken in Regina

Ken in Regina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope you like them as much as Bullwinkle and I do.

...ken...
    rideforzen and Aero3685 like this.
  8. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope so, now i just wish i could find more off pavement riding that's closer.
  9. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found this on Craigslist for $100. It's rated at 600 pounds.

I figured I'd give it a try, I'd add a bunch more tie downs but might just end up getting a ramp to throw it in the bed. Driving hours on straight highways to get to any type of gravel doesn't seem fun, so this would make it easier.

IMG_20200731_155259.jpg
  10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Enthusiastic curmudgeon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yabut, that sure makes a crew cab, extended box, bro-dozer super long. Parking responsibly could be a problem, and you'll have to be careful backing up for the first few times. :lol3

JP
  11. Hillary

Hillary Ms Hillary

Oddometer:
    Mmm it may be rated at 600 pounds but how strong is the tow hitch attachments to the vehicle, the bouncing about whilst on the road or track would definitely put a strain on the receiver and mounting bolts etc at the vehicle chassis.
    twaldron and RedEX like this.
  12. DuckWV

DuckWV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like you got a great deal. As long as you have a good hitch that is installed correctly, I don't think I would be worried about it. It surely isn't as bad as having a good size camper hooked on the hitch on a rough road.

Anyway good luck and hope it works out for you. If not, you can drop it off to me and I will get rid of it for you :ilmostro
  13. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it is stable enough, i only had those two straps to see how it sat on there. mounts on both trucks are plenty solid. It does have this anti sway thing that locks it in the receiver pretty well and I'd add additional straps to keep it from swaying any extra.

I watched reviews and people had no issues.. others say it bent first use, and were probably loading 1k pound Harley's at speed. I just jumped on it since it was local, cheap and in new condition.

It is easy to load, I can push it up there without it running. But I'll probably grab a ramp and just put the bike in the bed after all. Some of the time I'm going to want to use it I don't want to lose the ability to tow.

Edit: but hitch ratings are good points. The two I'd be using are rated at 1k and 2k pounds tongue weight and have and regularly tow heavy loads.
    Hillary likes this.
  14. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Which, one thing i don't like about it is the outrigger tie down at the rear of the bike towards the outside. If you grab the handlebars to be able to use the brake, you have to remember to walk around or over that one...i can see it being tripped over, and that would lead to a real bad day no matter how it ends.
    Hillary and Bullwinkle like this.
  15. Inforoo

Inforoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    She looks so good with some mud on her. Unfortunately you can barely see it in these pics!

Attached Files:

jwaller, RedEX and Aero3685 like this.
  16. Inforoo

Inforoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are those standard size? I think I have to do the same.
    jwaller likes this.
  17. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    110/80r19 and 130/90-17

Which fit great.

It had 100/90-19, 130/80-17 on it before but the above were the closest sizes I found.
    Inforoo likes this.
  18. Inforoo

Inforoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

Is availability the only reason you went up in size?
  19. nzdans

nzdans Learnertic

Oddometer:
    Mike has nearly had his transformation completed so pic posting time.. Pretty much just tyres and gear/rear brake levers to go now. Either way my lady recently passed her learners license so you'll see a pic of her on her maiden voyage (and second time ever riding a moto) below:
    IMG_20200720_145156_404.jpg IMG_20200701_163253_002.jpg IMG_20200731_064647_361.jpg

Attached Files:

20. Aero3685

Aero3685 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, that and when i searched online, there were some people who said the sizes were stock. Figured I would give it a try since the difference wasn't much. Haven't been able to ride it yet to see if it handles any differently.
    Inforoo likes this.