Vertigo Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Kiharaikido, Jun 22, 2019.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they look great and sound even better.:D
    jonnyc21 and Huzband like this.
  2. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    :photog
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  3. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    We had one in our local club two years ago. It lasted about 2 months until he sold it. But in Vertigo's defense, that guy rolls through new bikes like they are free.
    jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  4. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    A rider in our club switched from a GG 300 to a Vertigo 250, and he just really clicked with the Vertigo. His riding immediately went up a notch. It's like he was born to ride that bike.
  5. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have never said it does not work well. My buddy in Kansas looked awesome on one. Just like I really wanted an Ossa. At the World round in 2013 I was convinced that was the best bike by far.
    But I am still not convinced the 4rt is the most reliable. But I will see
    jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  6. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Seems like the EFI isn't totally sorted at times.
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  7. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have tried to start two different 4rt`s that would not start. Go back the next day and they start right up. It is such a technological bike. It usually runs so awesome. Just go through the Montesa thread on TC. Whole other story. Just like a Gasser in many ways. Some never,ever have problems. Many are self induced and many are a mystery.:dunno
  8. riabma77

riabma77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From what I've heard, most if the issues are coming from clogged injectors. I think they run on a 100:1 ratio.

I believe EFI is the future. For sure I'd love to try one!
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  9. syspig

syspig Dog Scratcher

Oddometer:
    Full disclosure - I'm a new Vertigo dealer in the PNW.

Prior to opening up shop a couple weeks ago, I started on a Vertical Works 200 earlier this year, then picked up a Vertical R2 250 a couple months back. My experience with both of these bikes is what drug me out of retirement. Believe me, I had no intention of doing so - but this isn't really work. I'm riding 3-5 times a week, on awesome bikes, sharing the experience with the best motorsports community I've encountered.

So yes, I've a clear bias. Still, I'd never suggest any bike is "best" - everyone has their preferences. I will say I've never had anyone swing a leg over a Vertigo and not be thoroughly impressed with at least one aspect of the bike. Be it the impeccable build quality, cutting edge technology and unique features, power delivery or handling - everyone has something nice to say about them. Regarding reliability - my sample size is admittedly small at two 2020 bikes, but I've ridden the absolute piss out of them. Zero issues - every bit as reliable as my 4RT.

I'll suggest if you've not seen or ridden one, you consider doing so.
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    2021 Vertical Go to todo trials for full details Screenshot_20200830-082006_Gallery.jpg
  11. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
  12. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    I've ridden a 2018 Vertical 250. It was nice and smooth. The problem is I have knee and hip issues and could not start it for anything. With its Gas Gas Pro style kick start gear, I doubt I could start a Vertigo 125 consistently. I had a hard time with my '17 Gas Gas 125, until switched to Scorpa with a 360 degree kick start gear. I was hoping that when the 2021 Vertigo broke cover, there would be an Estart option like TRS has.
    riabma77 likes this.
  13. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Got a link to the English option, I don't see an option on the web page control panel?
  15. syspig

syspig Dog Scratcher

Oddometer:
    You're not the first one to wish for that. My wife can't kickstart any bike - she's tried a ton of them, and it's always an exercise in extreme frustration. So, I kick - she rides. Not ideal.

There's definitely a technique to the Vertigos. However, unless run out of fuel, both the Vertical 200 and R2 250 start in two kicks cold, one kick hot for me. Yes, it takes a long, full and sharp kick, combined with a well timed throttle blip. The R2 definitely takes more strength with the higher compression, but it's still mostly technique. Still, for those with mobility/flexibility/strength issues, I get the frustration. Here's to hoping Vertigo gives us a magic button down the road...that's definitely a bonus for those that need/want it.
  16. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    I understand the technique, but can't do it.....
    Huzband and syspig like this.
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    It`s at the top of the home page, but I have to admit my phone loads this site better than my laptop.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  18. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    I’ll check it out on my phone. Thanks!
  19. lewisportusa

lewisportusa n00b

Oddometer:
  20. Beatprojim

Beatprojim Beatprojim Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just tried a 2020 250 that is a dealer demo. The first ride was just in a field doing circles and feeling the power. Seemed idle was lower than I prefer to run on my TRS. I mentioned that to the dealer and while there is an adjustment on the throttle body, the preferred way to change the idle is via the computer or the phone app. Huh? The next day I got to ride it in a few sections at the end of the event, after riding the event on my 19 TRS 280. The bike felt light, turned great but the motor is what got me. That idle that I felt was too low, ended up being a very usable part of the power band. A super slow tight uphill turn with very little traction the bike dropped way low in the rpm range but still pulled cleanly with no hint of wanting to stall, then when I finished the uphill it just pulled so clean and revved so well. That must be the FI giving it the perfect amount of fuel. 120 to 140 to one oil ratio? Wow. Well I told the dealer it is mine and he took it back to freshen it up with new oils and tires and will deliver next week. Will be an interesting experiment and I will report back.
    DyrWolf, mung, Gordy and 6 others like this.