Vertigo Thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Kiharaikido, Jun 22, 2019.

1. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I have a friend who owns a standard 4rt just ride one and was not impressed. He's one of the top riders in the area, but he IS a Honda rider. I haven't talked to him yet, to see what he didn't like...maybe the light weight?:D
    Norman Foley and Huzband like this.
  2. syspig

syspig Dog Scratcher

Oddometer:
    "Huh" is right.

Both my R2 250 and 200 had the idle set lower than I would like and were adjusted. Same with the first two new R2's I put in inventory - but I'll leave those at the factory setting and let new owners decide.

I've played around with both the computer via direct cable and the Wiget app - and I've seen nothing in either of them that is idle related. Further, when I spoke with the US importer, Adrian Lewis - he provided details on how to adjust the idle manually on the throttle body, as it's tucked pretty well in there. A very long screwdriver, appropriate socket (7mm?) on an equally long extension with a wobble gets the job done.

The adjustment is very sensitive, so it takes some fiddling. Primarily because, you can't hold the adjuster with the screwdriver while tightening town the locknut - there's no room in there for a spanner, hence the need for the socket on the wobble extension. Adjust, lock, check, repeat.
    Beatprojim and Norman Foley like this.
  3. Beatprojim

Beatprojim Beatprojim Supporter

Oddometer:
    It sounded like if you adjust the idle on the throttle body you are turning the butterfly and that was not ideal, thus the phone app of the computer. But if you can't find it on there?? As I mentioned though, the higher idle may just be my way of riding the carbureted bike that can stall at those RPMs and maybe the Vert can handle that. I may just need to adjust my mind. We shall see.
  4. syspig

syspig Dog Scratcher

Oddometer:
    Even at the stock, low idle it's really tough to stall either the 200 or R2 250, I've found. The FI does a wonderful job even at very low RPM's. Every time I've stalled either of them it was due to something boneheaded that would still have happened with a higher idle.

I upped the idle on both as I found it gave me more slow speed control. A slightly higher idle doesn't impact how slowly I can ride, but with it set higher I'm twisting the throttle less down low - less room for error.
  5. Beatprojim

Oddometer:
    Curious syspig,
    syspig, would appreciate a comparison of your 200 and 250. We have one newer rider that felt the 250 has too much power so he ordered a 200. He is a big boy at 240lbs and some of worry he will need a bigger engine than the 200.
  6. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    I
    I'm curious to hear this as well. I spoke to Jim Fox and he mentioned what I assume is your friend and his 200 on order. My big question is whether I can start the 200.Jim said your friend might let me see if I could start it.

The Vertigo 200 is actually a 175cc motor. They refer to it in the spec sheet as 200cc, but list the bore and stroke as 64mmX54.5mm. That calculates out to 175.33cc, with the stroke the same as a 125cc. Which would tend to make it a revver. A Beta 200 is the same 64mm bore, but a 60.5mm stroke for 194.6cc. This is much closer to 200cc.
  7. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not at sea level he won`t!
  8. Beatprojim

Oddometer:
    That would be him. Dave would most certainly let you try it. He is a couple hours south of you in Tyrone PA. The riding in the area is picking up with a lot of hard enduro getting bikes so will have to invite you down for a ride once he gets it. A little scary that it is only a 175. He might hope that you not only start it but might want you to buy it!!
    Yinzer Moto and Norman Foley like this.
  9. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    I think a 175 would be perfect for me! Hopefully we'll get together and I can try it.
  10. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tryals Shop is listed as a dealer on the Vertigo sight but Vertigo is not on Tryals Shop sight? The new bike looks so nice. Wonder how long it will take to trust the reliability
    Norman Foley likes this.
  11. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Mike needs to update the site. Vertigo is getting more reliable and growing in the USA.
    Super Dirt Dud likes this.
  12. Beatprojim

Oddometer:
    Getting the 2020 250 tomorrow and will start the test. I have had 6 Sherco's since 2013 and all are still in use by friends. All told, the cumulative hours on these bikes are now well over the 1,000 mark and never had a problem. I have had a couple Montesa's, a 260 and a 300. Not a ton of hours but never a problem. Then my two 280 TRSs, perfect. Entering into the Vertigo world with the extra complexity of FI will be interesting. I think the 2020 is the 4th year for them, and hoping all of the bugs are worked out. If not, my 19 TRS 280 is still in the garage. I will give a little report on the Vertigo in a few days after I have had a chance to try it on my familiar terrain.
  13. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    Really looking forward to a review. The bike looks the most techno but I have also read it has the most traditional feel. I hear traditional and think Bultaco 350 engine. I like a vintage section on a modern bike , you know it’s easier that way. Bike is super sexy and I love to shop.
    riabma77 likes this.
  14. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    A one man deale
    I think you're winning the most toys contest!
    Beatprojim likes this.
  15. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I doubt if Dougie was looking for Sherpa T 350 power.
  16. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    Who’s Dougie? I thought his name was Martin
    2whlrcr likes this.
  17. twowheels275

twowheels275 n00b

Oddometer:
    Lampkin. Bazillion times trials champ, and driving force at Vertigo.
    lewisportusa likes this.
  18. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    Yes it was a old man joke Martin was Dougies father and a force at Bultaco
    2whlrcr likes this.
  19. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am pretty sure Martin is most recognized as Dougie`s minder due to all the video! Even though he was a two time world champion!
    Norman Foley, 2whlrcr and North ride like this.
  20. Beatprojim

Oddometer:
    Haha, they do get moved to other friends so they don't stay in my garage for too long. So far the TRS has been around the longest. Hope to have a serious ride on the Vertigo tonight.
    Yinzer Moto, Norman Foley and 10K like this.