Victorian dirties (Berg FE570 for the high country)

Discussion in 'Australia' started by AUSSIEADV, Jul 18, 2016.

1. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    We wouldnt have wanted to be sprung back then Paul, it wasnt that long ago, just that you gotta do what you gotto do!
    Paul124ac likes this.
  2. ToriMish

ToriMish Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few days ago a Park Ranger in the Grampians told me it is a $600 fine to light a campfire in the Grampians National Park (outside of designated fire pits) . . .

I posed this one to the ranger : "What about the bushy who's camped all his/her life and is visiting the Grampians for some secluded bush camping (which is allowed)?

"Nope, no fires unless in a designated campfire pit. "

. . .
  3. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    You can be fined for having a campfire over 1 metre in dia!

I was on a bike trip with a couple of mates and we dragged some logs laying across the fire. Ranger turns up and tells us we can be fined for our campfire being over a metre. The fire wasnt but the logs were. I said “but we dont have a chainsaw”. He said “ no excuse”.

The world is going mad! All the authority’s are doing their best to force us back indoors, whether they realise it or not!
    DeLewis and ToriMish like this.
  4. Redback

Redback Average aussie bloke

Oddometer:
    The reason is simple, it's because of the stupid numpties that pack up and buggar off with it still alight, everyone suffers because of a minority of dickheads.

State forest and National Parks here in NSW are beginning to have blanket fire bans all year round, southern highlands is already doing it.
  5. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Look we are starting to get into the politics of a campfire which i assumed would eventuate and we know why restrictions are put in place but the line has to be drawn somewhere. If you create a numpty society dont bitch and winge and shut everything down because of the actions by the society in which you have created!
  6. ToriMish

ToriMish Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, agree, the rules are made for the lowest common denominator of society.

But, the inflexibility of the legislation belies the laziness that birthed it. It's a lazy solution to ban all fires, just as it is a lazy management decision to ban climbing in much of the Grampians.

Why couldn't old mate Parks Ranger have the ability to deal even handedly and honestly with each interaction? If a fuckhead stuffs up, so be it, fine thrm. But an experienced camper in the Grampians, in the middle of winter, with a well constructed makeshift fire pit should be dealt reasonably, rather than punished by a overarching regulation?
  7. Redback

Redback Average aussie bloke

Oddometer:
    Because that's not how govt departments work, everyone is a numpty to them and to be honest how do you tell the difference, I've got mates I've known for years and they are still dickheads at times.
    ToriMish likes this.
  8. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have gear to the lowest common denominator before the lowest common denominator burns half the state to the ground

Can you imagine the outcry if someone was given leeway to light up a big campfire, and it got out of hand?

Provision of good facilities (including safe fire pits) is great, but fire in this country has to be taken seriously

Have no idea about climbing - Grampians or elsewhere - has there been any damage to rock faces? - or is this about safety and rescue?
  9. benzo

benzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are campfires statistically responsible for much bushfire damage? I always thought lightning and arsonists were the main problem.
    AUSSIEADV and Kiwirich like this.
  10. darren70

darren70 Loud pipes matter

Oddometer:
    Yes, we should ban bored RFS volunteers too..
    LivingdeadCamo likes this.
  11. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Thoughtless lazy blanket action (gearing to the lowest denominator) with detrimental long term effects is fucking everything up along with not making those that fuck up appropriately accountable. Make the responsible pay while slapping the irresponsible on the wrist with some community service! Yeah thatl work!

Fuck this im going bush! Im going to build a camp fire 110cm x 110cm, do a big skid with my 97db dirtbike up an MVO only track. What have i go to loose? A month doing community service. Hah, ill ring in sick!
  12. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven’t you all realized that lawyers and baristas are the new ruling class yet?!?
    AUSSIEADV and ToriMish like this.
  13. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Havent you realised that we have? Next time i go buy a coffee ill give them a slap!
    darren70 likes this.
  14. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give ‘em two from me.
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  15. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    E10F3549-3665-47FE-AAFD-7E394275E2B4.jpeg
    F310CAEA-0CEB-4C5C-99F7-EA989016F2B4.jpeg
    AUSSIEADV and bigborett like this.
  16. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
  17. Camel 640

Camel 640 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok it's spring time ''
    Anyone interested in dragging Al out of hibernation and doing some high country riding ???
    DeLewis and AUSSIEADV like this.
  18. Camel 640

Camel 640 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok Al been checking the weather app for porepunka 10 day forecast, every 2nd or third day it shows rain / thunderstorms? Is that correct for the Buckland.
  19. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Chris, our camp spot is further in closer to the hills so it can be worse but also ive seen it piss down at Punkah and be dry further up the Buckland. Also alot of the scheduled rain looks to be a flash in the pan, late in the day and/or clearing. Just one of those things mate, if you wait for a clear week you may not go anywhere. Ill be taking the old camper in so plenty of room out of the weather if needs be.

95B9BD8B-E83B-4E10-A231-BD63706C73A0.jpeg
  20. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer: