Victorian dirties (Berg FE570 for the high country)

Discussion in 'Australia' started by AUSSIEADV, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    i would go by weight
    if it is critical that you only have a 3min work time, then i expect it is quite critical that the amount is correct.
    It looks to me as though the stuff comes in a single package of two different diameter cyclinders
  2. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    That's correct Ewe.
  3. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I didnt get to complete earlier and must have pressed post
    but I think you got it
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  4. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    I took it out for a decent trail ride this arvo. Very wet and some impassable crossings. Still, no issue with the side cover mod. Rain might be a different story but I can compensate for that.

Wow, power is impressive. It apparently it is using the 'power map 1' for what I was riding, post this weather I should have been on one of the 'traction / enduro maps' 1, 2 or 3. I've never had anything that breaks traction from such low revs when giving it some throttle off the bottom since my KX500. My SX equipped 620SC came close.

Gasman, I've sent a message to Vortex but yet to get a reply. I have fitted the 10 position switch that fits into the OEM loom near the headlight. Will this give me the full 10 options of the Vortex or do I need the switch from Vortex? I noticed on the Vortex ECU there is provision for fitting their switch. Bit confused with either/both. The switch from Vortex only looks to be an on/off arrangement. Also I did read elsewhere that the Vortex can be changed on the fly. Would this be by two assigned maps chosen by way of the Vortex rocker switch? I'm not finding any clear instructions.

Al.
  5. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Understand your confusion
    Vortex is not compatiable with the 10 point berg switch

Vortex have a handelbar switch for map 1 and one other map or your choosing
    Not really sure how useful that is

Aparrently the berg map change needs the engine to power off ...I think ..not sure on that one

Vortex map can be changed whilst engine running I think but withou a complicated setup you pull the seat off and tweak the dials
  6. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I asked about using the berg 10 point switch but he said it would need to be wired up to suit etc ..he was thinking on his feet re that one ..didnt know
    But also I think he was still thinking of 1 plus 1 map

Its been a few years since he dynoed up the maps for the 570
  7. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Ok, thanks mate.
  8. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
    I'm still confused about vortex/berg map settings (not hard tho)!
    Not sure I'd need one for trail-riding but really interested in the feedback and may consider an upgrade for SM racing next season.

My understanding is that the map setting won't change unless the bike is turned-off and restarted - I've always done it that way (usually before starting a ride)
    Generally leave it on 'wild' unless the ride is going to be super slippery tracks.

My map switch is strapped to handle bars for easy access (see above right fork leg)

image.jpeg

@AUSSIEADV - any more thoughts on dyno time?
    Just got my 570 back together (standard comp woessner piston this time) and will do a run-in trail ride next week. (Done 50km dirt track to check for leaks, etc.)
    Hmmmmm - Wouldn't mind getting a baseline on the fresh engine before making any changes
  9. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Vortex is a replacment ECU unit
    With 10 preprogamed maps you change by turning a screw on the ECU unit under the seat of the berg
    Plus has 3 low mid and high fuel duration adjustments on the ECU

Tje berg map switch has 10 settings but only 3 active

Vortex guy said to disconnect it ..its not part of his tuning

Hope this helps

The vortex gives you tunability with fuel duration
    Timing and voltage

Husaberg ECU is tunable fuel duration only and good luck with that one ....:)
  10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Never had any problems with my Berg one, works well. Pretty much set and forget though.
  11. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg Jak, I'll be running my bike down to Byrners Suzuki Seaford in a week or two as they will be doing the reg/transfer for me.

I'll further investigate the use of the dyno, whether they do it or show us how to use it as I've been told we have use of the dyno. I'll let you know.
  12. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some nice 570 footage here ...

CAPTAIN Z and AUSSIEADV like this.
  13. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    so Iam running setting 6 ........with a mix of BP 95 and 98 and fuel settings on 2 ....smooth as a baby's bottom ...big power range
    last time out used a tank of 91 and bike ran like shit ...........but with standard ECU and 91 ran no problem .......hmmmm
  14. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    I'd say because of timing differences.

I'm not quite getting what they are saying with some of these tunes ie 0-10% richer. 12.8:1 A/F is quite rich considering the ideal stoichiometric ratio is 14.7:1, then listing 0-10% richer on that?

Does using the ratio trim pot add to these maps also? I spose they do.

You'd still have to check the AFR's on each map against your mods? But then the Vortex has the ability to self adjust more so than the OEM ECU. :dunno
  15. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    So my mate reckons try adding an oxygen sensor with digital readout to help with the tuning
    cheap as chips ......
    worth it ???
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  16. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I feel Digga got it right a page or two ago! :-)
  17. galbo950

galbo950 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Cruz, I don't think Digga actually likes his berg, it's just a case of he has thrown so much cash at it that he has to like it........
  18. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    You'll probably need to take this sort of query to a Berg forum ...

Either here (ADVR) or on DBW ... ?
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  19. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Cut that out! :dirtdog
  20. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Finally got a little work done to the bike.

Fitted the Tubliss front and rear. I got on to a local young bloke who has plenty of experience working with Husabergs for one and has fitted plenty of these Tubliss so he's the man from now on. Opened up his own shop so he'll get some business coming his way from time to time. Today through him I ordered some tyres/tubes for the motard wheels which arrived today. KTM orange hubs but thats ok. I have a little orange in my blood. Fitted up the pannier mounting points for the Kriega's and tried out the Giant Loop tank bag. All good. I have a couple of Desert Fox fuel bladders but I don't know about these. They will be quite large mounted to the side of the rad shrouds. I fitted the Wolfman panniers to the front and think these are a better fit. I have sent Liquid Containment a message about making up some bladders to suit these. We'll see.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    twotyred, 59DEN, wairau and 2 others like this.