VIDEO - 5 Day Motorcycle Road Trip - Fulfilling A Childhood Daydream

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by The Original Crum, Jul 28, 2018.

1. The Original Crum

The Original Crum Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes things come full circle, even when we don't remember sending a message out into the universe. This one just came home in the form of a found VHS tape, and the plan was formed...

Please enjoy this video. Something to watch while we're at home escaping the smoke from the fires in the hills.

15's Pop and heffenut like this.
  2. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    I love how this edit turned out. It's as if they're creating themselves...
  3. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Even if for just the soundtrack. Pretty soon I'll have to get creative as to not reuse any songs in future edits.
  4. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    If you enjoy the video, please click the "like", "subscribe", and "share" buttons...I'm going to keep making more when time allows. Any suggestions?
  5. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Trying to figure out why I have more views here than actual views on the 'Tube. Technical glitch?
  6. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Watch and enjoy!!
  7. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Fall is here and the days grow shorter. Let's get out there whilst we still have light and warmth...
  8. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Of course it would be great to one day have enough people like my videos to make some money at it.....or win the lottery...
    I don't watch television for a reason. It sucks. Television has been honed by and for those who have short attention spans and demand instant gratification.

I'm not taking seven pictures to present the best "selfie" that I can muster. I am merely documenting what I can and editing in such a manner, to music that presents itself as fitting to the feeling of the trip, to portray how my adventures unfold so that I can watch them 10 or 20 years from now and laugh at myself and enjoy what will then be considered to be "youth" even though I am now in my later 40's.

I appreciate the time that has been taken to present a working formula for creating a "pop song" of a video, but I will prefer to create something with some heart that I will enjoy watching later to remember how great that these trips have been, following the flow of how they actually unfold, so that I (we) can look back and separate events and progression in riding experience.

My thanks to you is sincere, as I realize how much thought and effort has been put into your feedback. All of it was positive and I hope that anyone who stumbles through here follows it and is able to create their own videos for everyone to enjoy. The formula approach is just not for me, and I would hope that there would be more individuals out in the world who's attention span has not been completely hobbled.

Now let's all just go out and ride bikes.
  9. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Going a little nuts inside, waiting for the new round of unhealthy smoke-filled air to clear. My thoughts go out to everyone in Paradise and the surrounding towns and hills.
  10. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Is there anyone here that has experience with using DJI drones? I've just learned that they're dependent on the smartphone app, and I'm wondering about trying to use it out where there's ZERO phone reception. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!
  11. doppler94

doppler94 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool video and awesome adventure of yours!
    The Original Crum likes this.
  12. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir. I hope to continue for may years....