[video] Accident compilation, 6 years so far and counting

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by MihaiT, Aug 27, 2019.

1. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got my motorcycle license 6 years ago, roughly around the time the first fail in the river is recorded. No serious injuries so far, ATGAAT.

Ride on!
    Ryan72, Branch run, thanosgp and 4 others like this.
  2. CaptCapsize

CaptCapsize Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love the video, those looked like some challenging rides.
    I started riding 6 years ago, too. But I started on a much smaller bike. I also used to take a GoPro. I found for some strange reason, I crashed a lot more with the camera than without.
    I blame the camera not my "skill". :muutt
  3. Heli-Pilot

Heli-Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Excellent, loved the video and the music! Is that "Epica"? Looks like some challenging riding on a big bike!
  4. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies guys:)

@CaptCapsize - heard about a statistic regarding the Dakar riders who tend to crash more when they see the filming helicopter above, might be related :)

@Heli-Pilot - the music sounds like Epica but it is actually taken from the https://www.epidemicsound.com/ platform (you can subscribe for a fee and download royalty free tracks you can then use with your YT videos). If you liked this track check out the Mongolia videos here -
    I feel like I went overboard with the "pumping" music, this was brought up on here on the forum as well, I kind of switched to more slower-paced music in newer videos
    Amphib likes this.
  5. thanosgp

thanosgp Xr rules

Oddometer:
    Takes courage Mihai to post your mishaps, it wasn't reckless driving that took you down ,mostly difficult terrain!
  6. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you mate, what I was trying to say I suppose is advocate for wearing proper gear... I see alot of riders, even when riding offroad taking their gloves off for example. That might be tempting especially if you have handguards - there is little airflow going over the gloves so taking them off improves the comfort. The hands are however, most of the time the part of the body which touches the ground first in an attempt to stop or cushion the falling motion (a reflex which can result in serious damage to the wrist by the way).

Stay safe, wear full gear, especially when riding offroad or at speed and learn how to fall (roll and dissipate energy).

All the best!