Video edit from my overnight trip to the trails above Strawberry, CA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by The Original Crum, Feb 5, 2018.

1. The Original Crum

The Original Crum Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings all. I wanted to share my trip from last fall and I want to make sure that it is okay to share the link to my video. Please let me know if this violates any rules and I will adjust my posts accordingly. Thank you, and I hope that you enjoy it.

Cheers.

weldpro, CalamariKid and AdamChandler like this.
  2. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Things could have gone considerably worse. Great video! Glad you're safe.
    The Original Crum likes this.
  3. Ogre89

Ogre89 n00b

Oddometer:
    Glad you were able to ride away. Looks like a great trip. Ill defiantly have to a trip up there in the next few months.
  4. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    I was only there for one night, and a rodent of some sort made the beginnings of a nest inside my airbox and chewed into my wiring harness. Thankfully the worst damage was done to the ABS harness, which the Baja does not have. Thanks for the props.
    ArielNut likes this.
  5. Ogre89

Ogre89 n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow, never heard that before in only one might. Guess ill have to spray down the bike in some kind of critter repellant.
  6. Roaddawg

Roaddawg MotoLoco

Oddometer:
    Nice little trip, that area is nice, visit LaPorte once a year. Since you can afford a KTM, an Arai helmet and GPS, you should invest in a Delorme Satellite Communicator or similar. If you like to ride solo, it is a great safety equipment, for you and your loved ones...
    lhoff601 and The Original Crum like this.
  7. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the product information, there seems to be a few different options but I haven't done much research. Besides, I've stretched myself to get a KTM that came with GPS and invested in an Arai and Klim gear. I'm broke....hahaha.
    Roaddawg likes this.
  8. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Honda (cars) makes a "Rodent Tape" to protect wiring. Recently they tried to "go green" by using wires with insulation made of something better for the environment. It backfired because apparently it's tasty, so they had to devise this fix...it's grey electrical tape with poison in it, and cute little pictures of mouses with cross-bones on it. Pricey, but it hasn't failed yet.
    DonniBoi likes this.
  9. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Update on the Honda Rodent Tape: I have no real way to know that it actually works, but I can report that I have had no more issues since wrapping accessible harness sections. So far, so good.
  10. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Of course it would be great to one day have enough people like my videos to make some money at it.....or win the lottery...
    I don't watch television for a reason. It sucks. Television has been honed by and for those who have short attention spans and demand instant gratification.

I'm not taking seven pictures to present the best "selfie" that I can muster. I am merely documenting what I can and editing in such a manner, to music that presents itself as fitting to the feeling of the trip, to portray how my adventures unfold so that I can watch them 10 or 20 years from now and laugh at myself and enjoy what will then be considered to be "youth" even though I am now in my later 40's.

I appreciate the time that has been taken to present a working formula for creating a "pop song" of a video, but I will prefer to create something with some heart that I will enjoy watching later to remember how great that these trips have been, following the flow of how they actually unfold, so that I (we) can look back and separate events and progression in riding experience.

My thanks to you is sincere, as I realize how much thought and effort has been put into your feedback. All of it was positive and I hope that anyone who stumbles through here follows it and is able to create their own videos for everyone to enjoy. The formula approach is just not for me, and I would hope that there would be more individuals out in the world who's attention span has not been completely hobbled.

Now let's all just go out and ride bikes.
    DesertSurfer likes this.
  11. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Is there anyone here that has experience with using DJI drones? I've just learned that they're dependent on the smartphone app, and I'm wondering about trying to use it out where there's ZERO phone reception. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!
  12. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    No drone users here?! That surprises me.
  13. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas everybody!!!
  14. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Friday night video time!!!...
  15. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Something to watch whilst packing...and drinking beer...
  16. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Miss this trip. Holiday weekends are such a waste with all of the overpopulation.
    Dimer13 likes this.
  17. Dimer13

Dimer13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just rode over 108 to 120 and back yesterday, way too many people on the road. I was on my 950 SM instead of my adventure, so it was strictly road, but cant wait to go explore the dirt in that direction. If your ever in need of someone to ride with in that surrounding area let me know. I live in Valley Springs and always love an excuse to take my ADV bike out and camp.

-Brett
  18. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    I stayed in this weekend, pacing, knowing that the droves of population were out on the roads.

I may be up to this same loop next weekend.
  19. weldpro

weldpro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man I am glad those beers survived!!! Cool video.
  20. The Original Crum

Oddometer:
    Me too. Thank you Sir.