Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Why use the extra wifi adapter when you have it built into the motherboard?
  2. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    +2. My son and I have a bunch of hours in the borderlands world together. We'll start this one in 6 months.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  3. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I've been racking up on Shift/Email and Creator Codes in the meantime. https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip-codes/
    scot_douglas likes this.
  4. luckyjack

luckyjack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sky Factory 4 was released recently. Just started playing
  5. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Some more about 5700 & XT's

6. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    I hope that the price of 5700XT may drop in the next six months or so. From what I've gathered it's a decent choice in that price range.

It's odd how small 30-50$ price bumps between cards skew your desires to higher priced ones. I started with 300$ budget, then it went to 350$ and by that time I started looking at 400$ range.
  7. McNeal

McNeal Long timer

Oddometer:
    It happens with 5th wheel trailers as well. :-)
  8. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And gloves and helmets, etc, etc, etc

I was just shopping for some summer gloves, light and cheap, started off at $30-$35 range, I kept looking at gloves that cost $5-$10 more then the last pair I was looking at, ended up buying $75 gloves that I still didn't love, returning them and starting back at the $30 range

First world problems
  9. Easydoesit

Easydoesit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dirt Rally is free on Steam.
  10. Nytebreed

Nytebreed Need more braaap

Oddometer:
    I picked up Borderlands 3 yesterday.
    Not much time in it yet, but so far I'm liking it.
    Updated UI is nice.
    More options for sensitivity and such.
    They did away with the horizontal/vertical split screen option, which I don't like, but most people will never notice.
    The player character all seem pretty cool, to me. Running the Beast master 1st.
    If it holds up to how it seems so far (only level 5) I think it'll top BL 2 for me.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  11. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grabbed BL3 on Friday. Definitely liking it so far. Been jumping back and forth co-op with a buddy. I picked Zane and he is playing as Fl4k. We are both around 18 or 19 now.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  12. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I've been talking about it in The Division thread. Can't wait for the 4th. I've played both BETA's and love it. Though I'm not preordering it. Will get it once it comes out.
  14. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was too busy to get in on the BETA, game looks great.
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The only thing that might turn some people off is that it's not a FPS. It's 3rd Person and there's weight to your movements. The stealth is decent but it's no Dishonored, if you've ever played that game. I hope they are able to fix the carry action so it's faster and smoother. Gun customization is nice. I also like the incentive for one shot headshots. It's two shots if they're wearing a helmet. it doesn't matter if the enemy has the same Gear Score or one a lot higher, you can kill them with headshots. I was playing in "Advanced" which is one up from normal and one down from Extreme and felt that it was a good median. Though I'll probably play in Extreme, I think. The second BETA was optimized a lot better then the first one. I've got a 980ti and was making around 36 FPS with it on Very High. The second BETA I was around 55-57 FPS average. I'm running at 1440p so you can probably add 15-20 fps to that if you're on a 1080p.
  16. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dishonored is a great game :nod

I don't have this one pre ordered either, but I'll be picking it up.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I love Dishonored. Played all three several times each to get the high and low chaos.

IIRC, Ghost Recon Breakpoint is also exclusive to Epic Games which sucks but you can get it from Uplay so I'm waiting.
  18. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    I know having a huge gaming queue has been an issue for about a decade for probably most of us but it's really bad right now. I really want both Astral Chain and Links Awakening but I know that I don't have the time to play either.

I'm a sucker for great art styles mixed with solid gameplay and both of these have it with Astral Chain's cyberpunk

And Link's Awakening awesome cartoon reimagining of that game

TownPump likes this.
  19. antwon412

antwon412 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ Indeed - REALLY looking forward to Links Awakening as well. For myself and my kids.

Also plan to pick up a new Switch lite. Because.....I want one. That’s the only justification I need!

I’ve been having a blast playing LttP in handheld mode on my regular switch.
    NikonsAndVStroms likes this.
  20. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Another good game to pick up if you don't have it is Yoshi's Crafted World. I've talked about it before but it's another great looking one which is just challenging enough to be entertaining if you're trying to 100% it and you can find everything in each level in 10-15 minutes so it's great to just pick up and play through a world.

And depending how young your kids are there's also an assist mode which helps em out making it harder to die and you can see where some of the secrets are VS having to search through everything.
    TownPump likes this.