Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. TownPump

TownPump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will be sending in my Switch Pro Controller AND my left Joy-Con for repair/replacement.

The Pro Controller is way out of warranty, but Nintendo's excellent customer service, waived the $10 shipping fee and waived $20 off of the $40 repair. I was very happy with that. The left joystick has a bad upward drift.

The Left Joy-Con has the dreaded leftward drift and they will repair or replace it for free.

In both cases if they can't repair it, then they will replace the controller. AND you get to pick the color of the replacement. If they end up replacing my pro controller, I will get a Smash Brothers edition pro controller which are much pricier then the standard pro controller and nicer looking.

Either way I am extremely happy with Nintendo Customer Service, they always knock it out of the park.
    NikonsAndVStroms and Rippin209 like this.
  2. antwon412

antwon412 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked up a Switch Lite last night. Great little device. Very comfortable in the hands
    TownPump and NikonsAndVStroms like this.
  3. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few weeks ago Sniper Elite 4 was free in the Playstation store.
    If I would have paid $60 for that game I'd be furious. I don't know why they made 4 of them if the rest are this bad.

Bad enough that I'm playing 76 again :lol3
    Even though the action has fizzled in it. Unless you want to raid Vault 94 and burn up all your Stimpacks and ammo.
  4. Kayakgk

Kayakgk Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is more a general computer question for gamers. I have a few programs saved to and that I play on a windows 7 machine, I going to build a new computer and suspect it will have to be a windows 10 machine. Is there a way I can put the games on a thumb drive and move them that way or will I have download them again from Eagle Dyanamics (Flight Sims) and gajin (War Thunder).
    Thanks
  5. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger Supporter

Oddometer:
    Folks, I gotta tell ta: I think AC Origins is one of the best games I have ever played.

So grindable without feeling repetitive.

This, IMO, smokes RDR etc. Great game, great story, yuuuuuge map.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  6. RustyStuff

RustyStuff Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought it got a bit too grindy in the middle. Still haven't finished it.
  7. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm with you on that, the recent God of war is a solid candidate but I think the best I've played was Horizon Zero Dawn
    tommyg and RustyStuff like this.
  8. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go on, convince me further.
    I enjoyed playing AC about ten years ago, but all of the recent editions seem childish to me. Week story-line, same old mechanics and damned parkour.
    Do they still have the cutaways in the corporate future? I never liked those.

Also, did you mean Origins or Odyssey?

9. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger Supporter

Oddometer:
    Origins. Bought it for $20. A couple of cutaways, but so far confined to a remote dig site somewhere in the Egyptian hills.

The movement and play mechanics are much smoother than the ones I tried and disliked in the past. Plenty of climbing in this one but varied buildings and natural rock formations so it feels liberating rather than forced.
  10. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes the climbing is definitely improved, liberating is a good description, you can climb practically everything vs the old system of locking you out of areas until you level up or entirely and the map is incredibly massive but you do feel as though things are getting repetitive or grindy well before you finish
    RustyStuff likes this.
  11. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well, that's a little spoilery! Looks good though. I only played a little of the first one till, I got to a point that was bugged on the hardest gameplay. GF played it all the way through though.

RustyStuff likes this.
  12. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  13. RustyStuff

Oddometer:
    Played the first one and the DLC twice. One of my favorite games. get's ya Right in the feels.
    Skidmarkart and scot_douglas like this.
  14. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    I haven't been playing much of anything lately but I'm going to set up my 360 again and finish the last few rallies in the original Dirt.

But after that what should I play? With all the games with gold/humble bundles/game pass I have every Dirt game except 2. But I'm hearing that one is possibly the best. With all the hours I have sunk into the original I wouldn't mind spending 20 bucks on Dirt 2 if it is that good, what do you all think?
    scot_douglas likes this.
  15. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    Picked up Metro 2033 Redux free on Epic today. Any good?
  16. RustyStuff

Oddometer:
    Yes. I liked it alot.
  17. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I played Dirt 2 a little. I didn't try the career, but it seemed much better than Dirt 1.
    WRC 8 is pretty good. I'm saving that one for winter. It's still too hot for racing games.

I'm having fun with the latest MXGP 2019. Tracks are amazing.
  18. RustyStuff

Oddometer:
    Started a new RDR2 story. Forgot how good this game was.
    NikonsAndVStroms likes this.
  19. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Xbox.
    "Release date: Available 2020"

This is GREAT news!! (to me), I just signed up for the "insider" pre-release stuff. I've never signed up as an "insider" for anything before, don't know what to expect.

Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox One and Windows 10

Krabill and NikonsAndVStroms like this.
  20. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    I just hope it's not a shell of a game with a ton of micro transactions because this would be perfect for it in the eyes of a developer. Give barely any with the core game and if you want a certain plane? 5-20 bucks.

A few heavies, light aircraft, a gulf stream, at least one fighter, a stunt plane, and a sea plane are what I'm hoping for in the base game.
    BillsR100 likes this.