1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Video of riding in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by VFR Titus, Dec 27, 2009.

1. VFR Titus

VFR Titus Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. greybeard146

greybeard146 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. VFR Titus

VFR Titus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice Vstrom! I think I've seen you on the road once during summer earlier this year; wave if you see a red vfr! :D Do you do group rides? I've joined a good group that does sunday breakfast runs, PM me if you're interested!
  4. greybeard146

Oddometer:
    Many HK bike/scooter riders don't seem to understand common road courtesy, and that defnitely goes big time for the majority of car drivers. I do nod occasionaly, and occasionaly the complement is returned, but for the most part, 'tis a waste of time. And it's not just the locals who lack road manners either, I have seen many foreigners do the same.

I will definitely wave/nod/cheer/shout at the next red VFR I see! :wink:

On breakfast morning rides: sounds great, would love to hear more...please PM me with details. Maybe we can all join up...

On ADV HK rideouts: more to follow (see thread below)

Enjoyed your movies...what camera set-up did you use? On the video I show above, I stuck my JVC video camera under a cargo net and went off for a spin. It was only later that I realised that the damn thing went into to auto switch off mode after 5 mins or thereabouts, so all the great sites and, sights and sounds of HK went unrecorded - unbeknownst to me at the time. Also, my camera was shaken to bits and had to go away for repair, so I won't be using that technique again. :huh

There are so many great things to see in HK that I'm contemplating getting a more substantial set-up...but maybe, that's just an idle thought at present. If you or anyone has any good suggestions for an ideal, robust, low-cost recording set-up, please share the good news! :ear
  5. VFR Titus

VFR Titus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet, I just PMed you (disregard the ADV group ride part I just saw the other thread). Good thing I checked this section just now; I almost never checked Asia section as I never found anything related to HK before :cry but nice to hear there's a ADV chapter in HK (though I'd have to get on foot after you guys on my VFR :rofl )

Oh and ATGATT.... I have been doing that until the last few months when I got lazy and gone full gear except going with some heavy weight jeans..... I'm currently on a diet so my 3 textile pants fit me again.......!
  6. greybeard146

Oddometer:
    At this rate, we'll soon be busier than Singapore! :wink: