1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Vietnam: Along the Chinese Border. Real Time Report

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Lost Cartographer, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Cafeguzzi

Cafeguzzi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    great RR! one of the best!
    i traveled in VN exactly 25 years ago. first the mekong delta for a month on a minsk 125 which i bought in saigon and turned out to be stolen. or something like that. i sold the minsk , bought a bicycle and rode it up north for another month. one trip of a lifetime! BUT! i couldn't go back ever since. the country and its people totally exhausted me. it was very aggressive, not in a negative sense but just the way you were approached by people. they were aggressively nice, friendly, rude, alienating, everything.
    NOW! after reading your RR i wanna go back. maybe even this winter. thank you!!
    Lost Cartographer and CROSSBOLT like this.
  2. third eye

third eye back road loon Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm late to this great RR but found it after my second trip to VN a couple weeks ago. We rode from Hanoi to Da Nang on what I'll call the "mother of all dual sport rides" for me. Had an incredible time. My first trip was this past march. Started in Saigon, up to Da Lat, up and over to Nha Trang, down the coast back down to Saigon. That trip was great but this recent one was awesome. Vietnamese people are friendly and easy to deal with. If anyone is even considering about going, I highly recommend it