1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Vietnam in early Oct/Nov - 1 month

Discussion in 'Asia' started by moonrover, Sep 25, 2005.

1. moonrover

moonrover n00b

Oddometer:
  2. robd19

robd19 Moto Sojourner

Oddometer:
    Wish I could go. Was there in 04 and toured the north for a week on a russian made minsk. Pretty much the best bike you can get in vietnam as there are few proper off road bike available. Was just 5 USD per day to rent. No problems. People are very firendly and the scenery amazing. My route was hanoi-->son la--> Lai Chau--->Sapa---> Hanoi. Good times. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact me. robd19@hotmail.com Good Luck!
  3. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    I went there with Mrs Beak (No.1) in '94. We spent a month going from from Ho Chi Minh City in the south to the Chinese border in the north and most places in between.

I remember a lot of gum trees (they grow well in Ascidic soils and Vietnam has only about 5% of its native forest left) and all they kids wanting to look like Yanks. Baseball caps, T-shirts with "Yankee Braves" etc.

Proud people that saw off two sets of colonialists, French and Americans. But you know what they say ... "the worlds strongest economy becomes the worlds predominant culture".

Cheap food and accommodation, beautiful women, seemingly everybody smoking ciggies and lots of Minsks (185cc ?) in the north but we saw more 50cc "step through" scooters in the south.

Andrew Linton.
  4. mujiburrahman

mujiburrahman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any report of the ride?