1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Vietnam...

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DVan90, Feb 8, 2010.

1. DVan90

DVan90 n00b

Oddometer:
    Alright im new here and idk if this is the place to post this here but i want know how much would it be to buy a Honda Sh 150, and ship it to vietnam. How much do you think it would cost? maybe as much a the scooter itself? and i would like to know the process of doing so. thanks in advance.
  2. huplescat

huplescat n00b

Oddometer:
    They have crazy tax on anything bigger than a 125 so it might not be worth it.

You'd probably be better off just buying a local scooter, if Google images isn't telling me porkies you'll probably find a gazillion of the 125cc version there. Or you could easily rent one.
  3. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:
    The SH is sold in Vietnam. I saw the 125/150 and the 300 versions.
    For the first, I don't know if it was the 125 or the 150, but you could buy the pieces needed for the upgrade and mount them in Vietnam.

Anyway, the SH125 will allready be one of the very fastest things on the road, you don't need the 150. With the 125 you will even be able to overtake the "suicidal" vans.

PS: take a non-vietnamese registered bike into the country is almost impossible, the best you can do is buy the bike there and you will be free to ride it in Vietnam and everywhere else (well, I don't know if you could obtain the carnet de passage in Vietnam).
    This will be easier and way cheaper.
  4. D_rider

D_rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I did a research, you can have have a look at this link for SH Honda 150 in Vietnam (it is all in Vietnamese) : http://honda.com.vn/web/Default.aspx?cmd=productdetail&proid=74&lang=vi-VN

You can see the price for it is 121.990.000 VNĐ

I don't know the price of in in your country. But tax for ship a Motorbike is high (it can reach to 100%). So, I think, you should buy the one in Vietnam.
  5. shadow6491

shadow6491 Getting Old

Oddometer:
    Thats a crazy price. Have a look at the future F1 its only 24 mil about $1500 a great bike. At least the ones made in Thailand are. I have a Honda Wave 125 not fuel injected in Cambodia $1500 made in Thailand and its great. More than enough bike for Vietnam. Vietnam has strict speed limits 40km/hr in most places.