1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Bike 1.85 vs 2.15 Rear Rim Width

Discussion in 'Trials' started by PMK, Oct 12, 2018 at 7:09 AM.

1. PMK

PMK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Other than weight and clearance, is there any benefit or detriment of one width vs the other?
  2. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the 2.15 is the correct width. Tire fit and shape could suffer.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    Assuming that you're using modern radial tires, the footprint and sidewall profile will be better with a 2.15. I have a 1.85 on my Bultaco and it works ok though.
  4. PMK

PMK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, got off my lazy butt and was able to find that yes, 2.15” is the Dunlop recommended rim width.