Vintage Motorfest 7/27/2019 @ Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Smaug1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Smaug1

Smaug1 '19 Kawasaki Versys 1000, '15 SMax

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend and I are leaving the NW Chicago suburbs around 11 Saturday, 7/26. We're going to take most of the day to take a nice ride up to Kiel, WI. (where our B&B is) We'll relax and have a few drinks Saturday evening.

Sunday, we'll head down to the track (maybe a 10 minute ride from Kiel) and take in the sun, races, brats and a few beers.

Here's Road America's page on the event. You can download/print the track map and schedule, and even buy tickets. We're just going to buy tickets at the gate, and get their nicely printed stuff:

https://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/rockerbox-motofest-featuring-ahrma-vintage-racing.html

Does anyone want to join us for the ride up?

...or meet up on Sunday?

Let me know.
  2. scrapper

scrapper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it works out on your way up or home check out kettle moraine scenic drive. Probably the best curvy roads around Elkhart Lake. I live about 10 minutes east of Kiel.
  3. Smaug1

Smaug1 '19 Kawasaki Versys 1000, '15 SMax

Oddometer:
    We took the northern half of the KMSD on the way home.

Tried Calimoto app to get us on twisty roads on the way up, but it failed. They're reserving the properly twisty roads for a subscription service.