Sold Vintage Suzuki for your Dual Sport

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by sethm, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sethm

sethm n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello, Inmates!
    Been lurking here for a bit and thought I would throw out a line. I have a good condition 1979 Suzuki GS550E that I'd like to trade for a bike with a 21 inch front wheel. A few years ago, my friends all bought vintage bikes, and we had lots of fun wrenching and riding, but in the last year they have all bought dual sports of various capacities. Tigers, WR250Rs, DR650s, Big BMWs and most recently a friend bought a KTM 1290 Super Adventure R. My pockets are not as deep as theirs, and I have found myself being left out when my pals ride. Maybe that is best as I don't have the right equipment for the gravel and dirt roads they ride now.
    This leads me here, I would like to trade my nice vintage ride for a bike like theirs. (within reason of course) I think a worn DR650 or 350 would fit the bill. Let me know what you've got though!
    I know its a long shot, but is anyone out there in the Mid-Atlantic looking for a nice vintage Japanese bike? It seeps a bit of oil,(not enough to drip) but it is stone reliable with all the work I've put into it. Plenty of new parts and more than capable of 300 mile days. (I've done a few) More photos available on request, as well as a list of new parts and work done to the bike wince it has entered my possession.
    Laugh at my request if you want, but I know there is someone out there with a bike that doesn't get ridden enough who is looking for a cool old, non hacked to death inline 4.
    I'd also take $2500 if you wanted to just buy this bad boy.
    I'm located in Morgantown, WV and am willing to drive a bit for the trade to go down. gs550e.JPG
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.