1. Livestream NOW at 9pm EST / 6M PST! Any Questions for Marc?
    Baldy + Alta CEO & Co-Founder Marc Fenigstein YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Virginia dual sport trails

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by [TASF]Overkill, May 15, 2011.

1. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
  2. shalbleib

shalbleib Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Overkill, this is exactly the info I was looking for but it looks like these links are no longer active. Do you have the routes available anywhere else?
    RideN likes this.
  3. Long Ride

Long Ride Don't let up!

Oddometer:
    I'm unable to locate a link that will let me download the digital (KML or GPX) MVUM and I know it is out there somewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    I'd also like to know the best way to create a route on Google Earth. When I zoom in to be able to accurately trace my intended route I end up with a bunch of short segments that I'd like to merge into one continuous path and then display on my Android using All-In-One Maps. Any pointers would be appreciated.
  4. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You should hit up the navigation threads, especially the one on how to use a smartphone as a dedicated navigation device. I use a duraforce android running OsmAnd, Gaia, Locus, and a couple others.

I make routes using furkot and then import the gpx file to the android...wealth of info in that thread though...
    Long Ride likes this.
  5. RiverView

RiverView Adventurer

Oddometer:

ARCGIS has all kinds. Most of the publicly funded maps can be downloaded as KML

https://hub.arcgis.com/search?tags=mvum
    Long Ride likes this.
  6. Long Ride

Long Ride Don't let up!

Oddometer:
    Great ride with some buds last weekend on Rte. 618 Craig County VA. Took Wildlife Road to 618 on the way to Tub Run Rd. (should have done the full length of 618 to the north). Only a few minor crashes and no lasting frostbite. The NEW 218 DRZ400S to the posse with less than 300 mi. and so far.... the water pump housing cracked on a rock (thank God for Quick Seal-2 tubes), starter went dead (for a day anyway), headlight flooded (but regained functionality the next day), vacuum line on petcock knocked loose (finally figured that one out after towing several miles), nice 10" crease in the exhaust pipe (some flat black should fix it) and some serious scuffs on the plastics and bark busters. BTW it wasn't me...Finally made it to do much of the MABDR south to Grapefield in Bland County on 614 and looping back north on 61 for a cold ride back to Pearisburg for the night. This crossing was easier for the first rider when you could see the big rocks and the hole..fourth guy found it though. Yes he went horizontal and yes he said it was a bit cold!
    IMG_3261_01.JPG IMG_3262_01.JPG IMG_3265_01.JPG IMG_3266_01.JPG
    dstutz and phreakingeek like this.
  7. NOVA_F850GSA

NOVA_F850GSA Stogie smokin' Whiskey drankin' Suthirn' "Outlaw" Supporter

Oddometer:
    I run "Dirt Monkies" website, and everything is free. Please share your .GPX trail/track files & maps, and they'll be uploaded as well

everything on
    https://dirtmonkies.com

Trail (.GPX) files
    Riding Maps
    Dual-Sport Friendly Camp Sites
    FDSR_MIKE likes this.