1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Virginia to Alaska and back on an '86 Yamaha Radian

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by ruffntuff, Oct 2, 2012.

1. pete3

pete3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anna, thank you so much for sharing your most touching story! Even more so, for finishing. I hope you and your family are healing. I think your brother would not want it any other way.

Eighteen years ago I lost my little Sis. She was just thirty-eight at that time and literally died of a broken heart. The only good thing out of her passing is that I can always ask her to put things into perspective for me, which she easily does, every time.

Again, thank you most kindly and best wishes for you and your family.
  2. 531blackbanshee

531blackbanshee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for taking the time to write this.
    an awesome heartfelt read.

leon
  3. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious

Oddometer:
    Glad you finished this. Thanks . May Dan rest in peace. I am very sorry for your loss.

Having three kids of my own - It really hit me like a ton of bricks that your mom cried and thanked Jesus when you returned.
  4. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    Thanks Anna. I hope you publish this. That Radian proves you don't need some macho knobby tired monster to have adventure beyond Starbucks. Thanks for taking us along on this adventure and soul finding.
    1stgenfarmboy likes this.
  5. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    Anna..... your Momma is not the only one to shed tears at the completion of the ride, I think it was the symbolism that " it is complete " that got me, knowing you and your brother had talked and dreamt about it..... well that and your dogs excitement of your return.

Thank you for sharing your story, and yes....thank you Jesus, for delivering you safely home.

Dar
    vtwin likes this.
  6. CaribooBC

CaribooBC life is an adventure

Oddometer:
    What a meaningful accounting of your physical and mental travels. This has to be one of the most touching stories that I have ever read. Anna. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. You picked a perfect machine for your travels. A UJM, at the pinnacle of the development of its type, from then on motorcycles have become much more specialized. Could we please have this thread stickied, it deserves to be at the top.
  7. Dusty_Bottoms

Dusty_Bottoms Adventurer Ordinaire

Oddometer:
    Powerful prose