Volunteers Required For Parry Sound CEC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DirtyBikes, May 13, 2010.

1. DirtyBikes

DirtyBikes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey All
    I am looking for some volunteers for PS CEC race weekend. The event is Sept 11 & 12.
    All volunteers will receive a t-shirt from Ross Rocher Sales. I will also be awarding the Ross Rocher Volunteer Appreciation award to 3 volunteers I choose. Last year the winners were provided a set of riding gear (shirt and pants).

I need the following...

9-12 Check control marshals. Duties are manual backup of e-scoring (very easy) and control of test start/end (i.e. make sure riders start test no less then 30secs apart). These volunteers can be anybody. There is no riding or knowledge of riding required.

5-10 Course Marshals. Duties will include marshalling a test section. For example if you are on the Extreme Test you may be required to assist riders who are stuck. Most important duties will be to maintain integrity of course...such as fixing broken or fallen ribbon, reporting and issues with course (i.e. massive ruts in Cross Test).

4-5 Sweep Riders. This position needs to be filled by experienced riders only. The trails in PS are not easy and are very tiring. Also I would like to have most of the sweeps to have training in First Aid. Firefighters, EMS and Police are the best sweep riders in my opinion. Last year we had and awesome team led by Rob Martin. Most of those guys are racing it this year so I am looking for some new sweeps.

If you are interested or know someone who is interested please send me a PM or email me info@dirtybikes.ca
    Thanks
    Matt